A lifelong drinker hits 1200 days sober

Congratulations @SassyRocks for each day and each coming day as you go forward!!
Thank you for everything, including this very helpful post! Hugs xxx

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve seen you around here before, so welcome!
And congratulations on 5 years :+1::tada::slightly_smiling_face:
Inspiring achievement.

Wishing you only the best.
:ok_hand:

5 Likes

@SassyRocks Thanks for making the path to sobriety s little easier for me. You have what I want, and your thoughtful presence and support on this forum is invaluable to me.

2 Likes

Congratulations Sassy!! Thank you for showing me the way and always being so supportive. :heart:

2 Likes

Wonderful Sassy, congrats! You’re an inspiration to me!

1 Like

It doesn’t matter how many days we have, because suddenly our minds are working ready to lure us into the trap. Today I came to re-read this post specifically. Sometimes you just unknowingly tap someone’s shoulder and say go ahead. this is something like that. Thanks @SassyRocks it means a lot for me :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Incredible victory :heart::partying_face: ! You are amazing my friend

2 Likes

Congratulations! Let’s goooo. Thank you for sharing your hobbies and more! You should be proud! Step by step #soberisbetter

2 Likes

Fantastic well done, inspires me

1 Like

Thank you!! I am 2100+ days now!!! :heart:

7 Likes

Oh wow well done

1 Like

Thank you…the days really do add up. It took me years to start stringing together more than a couple of weeks and it was so demoralizing and life sucking. That hamster wheel of drink / guilt / shame / drink / guilt / shame was hard to break. It can be done tho. Stick with it. :heart:

2 Likes

I read every bit of that with so much hope and belief because I’m struggling in a few areas in my life family struggles human struggles finances feel flat but one thing I’m doing my best in is believing in my recovery because I know I’m worth recovery we’re all worthy of recovery thank you for sharing your journey I’m so greatful to this app :pray:t6:

3 Likes

Keeping your focus on your recovery is wise. With time, recovery and sobriety can really help us build back up in other areas of our life…starting with self love, self compassion and self esteem…we all need more of that. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

my why is because I realized how empty I felt every day up until 4 months ago and some days feel so much like grief which feels necessary and other days I’m laughing and smiling so I’m so greatful to my recovery

2 Likes

From day 1 to day 2,191…I got here one day at a time. Hard to believe after 40+ years of drinking, but here I am. Every little baby step lead to me waking up sober again today.

Thank you all for sharing yourselves so openly, honestly and compassionately…and for your ongoing support, friendship and community. It means everything to me. :heart::heart::heart:

28 Likes

Fantastic! Congratulations on 6 years! :partying_face: :tada:
Best post this week! So happy for you Sassy!
Thank you for paving the way and showing us how it’s done. :heart:

3o8dFn0ixg0rtwlQnC (1)

6 Likes

You are an amazing inspiration

5 Likes

I’m SOOOO grateful for you and your bright presence my love! Thank you for lighting the path for SO many of us! :heart: What’s been your favorite change in these past 6 years?

2 Likes

You are such an inspiration and beacon of strength, wisdom and calming presence. Huge congratulations Sassy. And equally huge thanks. You bring hope and possibility and belief. And I can’t thank you enough.

tenor-4

4 Likes