A Look into the Life of a Crazy Dutchman

i was never a nail biter but this reminds me of when i was a kid and i sucked my thumb for too long, so my parents had to give me that yucky nail polish. maybe try that? :laughing:

1 Like

Have you tried gum to help keep your mouth occupied to try and help your nail biting? I remember biting my nails as a child but don’t generally do it now. Hope all is well today. Also maybe I missed it, but what are you studying for?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, but I’ve tried to do it with the yucky stuff, but since I am a stubborn ass, I have to finish what I’ve started, so if I damage the nail a bit, I have to finish it despite the yucky

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven’t tried gum yet, so that’s worth a try.
I am still in high school, and five times each year I have tests for a full week. However since I went to rehab for 10 weeks, causing me to miss 2 of those weeks and lockdown, causing me to miss another week. I now had to catch up a half year worth of tests in 10 weeks and I just had the final testweek. Today I will have a Spanish test and tomorrow a science test

2 Likes

June 25th 2020

I just got my marks from yesterday’s test. A 5,3(C-) and a 6,3(C+), which means my final mark on religion is passing. This means I can get 1’s(F’s) on the test I have in twenty minutes and the test I have tomorrow and pass this grade

Went swimming this morning. I went with my sister and a female friend of hers. My sister likes sunbathing, her friend and I don’t. So her friend and I decided to swim together, which is a great step for my anxiety since I am basically horrified if it comes to talking with girls.
I swom a total of 2km/1,2miles which was really relaxing and a great workout. I think I might swim daily in the summer holiday

2 Likes

I got a grade from the Dutch test I did yesterday. A 7,5 or B- I think. I’m happy with it since I studied only 5 minutes

2 Likes

I just got reminded of the fact that I am a gaming addict. See, when I still gamed, I didn’t come outside for recreational reasons. This morning I went swimming. Just now I took a shower. As soon as the towel hit my face it burned like crazy and my face was very red. Turns out that I have forgotten that people need suncream :flushed: :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t want to steal the thread but I think you would understand some Swedish as well. Our language is pretty similar and I can understand some without translation :blush:

1 Like

I learned Swedish on Duolingo for a while, but the only thing I remember is Ja ar in flikka or something. You think I’d remember I am a boy in Swedish, but no, I remember I am a girl. I haven’t heard any proper Swedish really, so I don’t know how much alike it is

1 Like

Just for the record, feel free to reply in this thread

3 Likes

That’s right “Jag är en flicka” - I’m a girl
And “Jag är en pojke” - I’m a boy.

And for what I know you guys uses the German word for boy, Junge? But you might spell it differently?

I’m trying to learn Germany in Duolingo because we usually go on cruises to Germany, and a lot of the people we meet speaks Germany and not English. But to be honest I’m having a little problem remembering most of it :blush:

1 Like

In Dutch it’s ik ben een jongen
In German ich bin ein junge I think
In Frisian Ik bin een jonge
So very similar

1 Like

The German is right for what I know, thank you.
I love learning different languages :blush:

1 Like

Should I personalize welcome messages? I copy paste now

• Personalized
  • Copy paste

0 voters

The outcome is very clear, from now on I will do personalized welcome posts including all advice I usually copy paste

1 Like

June 26th 2020
Good morning/afternoon/night everyone.
I just learned that my stepdad is early stage diabetic. He already had cancer, Edison, an organ making hormones is completely dead(always forget which one) and more stuff that I can’t recall at the moment. If I had his illnesses I would have relapsed the second I would’ve stopped gaming. But not him. Despite everything he takes everything he can out of live. He is a lovely man with a big heart. You can always have a chuckle with him. I will have to see him slowly die though, I don’t want that, but I do want to be there for him.
I am about to go to school to make the final test this school year. About time really.
Oh and I’ve got over 2.5 days of not nailbiting

3 Likes

Personalizing your welcome messages will make people feel more welcomed. You could always copy paste certain things that are things you think a newcomer might want to know, but start out the message with something personal, even if it’s a line or two.

Also saw your newest post. Sorry to hear about your step dad :frowning: Also good luck with your test.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, from now on I will make a personalized message containing the advice I always give

2 Likes

I am so forgetful. I am about to be late to school because I forgot to bring a face mask to the train so I had to cycle back

1 Like

Just dated my first post of each day, did I do the notation correctly?
Dont be discouraged to reply in this thread because I’m making it neater, still feel free to reply