A new Birthday

Whats is 43.5 yrs old and 1 year old at the same time…this old man!

A year ago I woke up with a hell of a hangover, with the full intention of taking my own life. Alcohol, it seemed, and destroyed me. I couldnt do PTSD, the sleepless nights, the stress, the nightmares any longer. I wanted peace. The bottle was no longer delivering what i had thought was peace.

God intervened, and the rest is history. Today, i feel a peace and serenity that I have never felt. Life is still life. There are good days and bad days. With in the bad days I still find peace.

To the newcomer: fight, fight like the third monkey in line to get on Noah’s ark and its starting to rain. I tried to quit for 22 years. I never fought. Once I started fighting for myself, life got better. You are worth a sober life.

58 Likes

A whole year! Awesome. :ok_hand::rainbow: Inspired.

3 Likes

Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

Congratulations with your incouraring milestone (and your NOT old :stuck_out_tongue: )
1_year_clean_and_sober_button-rf0dbce445cbd4b37a4aabf5728cba75c_k94rf_307

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 1 year!!

2 Likes

As long as he gets his treats, he is good!

2 Likes

Holy moly, that flew by! Congratulations!! :slight_smile: Thank you for being you, Scott. I really appreciate you and your presence here on the Forum :heart:

4 Likes

Woooooo woooooooooooooooooo!!! Congratulations brother!!! One year is huge indeed. Your comments are always so thoughtful, humble and honest. I always look forward to hearing from you. So happy to be on this journey with you❤️

6 Likes

Congrats man. Much love. Hope you got some cake!

3 Likes

Congratulations on your huge achievement. Your insight here is invaluable.

2 Likes

Fancy chip! :star_struck:

And well earned. Scott, dunno where I’d be if not for your steady example through this year. Thank you for sharing your journey with us and generally being a pretty upstanding dude.

Now bring on the ice cream!! :ice_cream:

4 Likes

I’m SOOOOO proud of you Scott and thankful you have shared your journey with us all! You’ve truly come a long way from where you were a year ago. I’ve learned a ton from you along the way and I’m so glad that things ended differently than you planned a year ago today.

What’s your favorite change so far?

2 Likes

Check out the dedication on this guy!!! Awesome work! So thankful that you’re here. Your voice and the way you live those steps inspires me constantly!

3 Likes

Hmmmm…my favorite change…I dont drink anymore

7 Likes

You have done brilliant one year is amazing xx :rainbow::metal::dog2:

2 Likes

This is awesome, Scott! I’m happy you’ve been here to share the journey with us and be real about it, and thankful for the encouragement you share with all of us here from time to time.

3 Likes

I’m still new here but our brethren are correct, You’re an inspiration to us all
Congrats on a year of sobriety. You’re quote behind you’re name are helping me to get my monkey off my back. Stay the course, be well sir.

3 Likes

Way to go Scott! Happy birthday man.

3 Likes

Huge congratulations on your 1 year soberversary! You are a true inspiration and a very insightful person, a credit to the TS community. Thank you for all your support…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Congratulations that is so awesome so happy for you! Keep it up you are amazing and worth it! :hugs:

2 Likes