AA (and other) Chips. Where do you keeps yours?

Evening all.

I’m celebrating 6 months sobriety this week and picked up my latest chip tonight. I couldn’t quite believe that it has been 6 months so when I got home I looked at my other chips.

Amazing how time flies. It seems to be flying faster lately and I’m trying to ride the wave. I’m changing and it feels good and new.

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to see where you guys keep your chips, if you have them. I keep mine in ‘the cat box’. I got it in a Christmas stocking a couple of years ago.

Behold, some strange pictures of my collection…

18 Likes

I keep mine in my wallet. Always have them with me that way.

Got a sticker on my wallet from going to my daughter’s leadership assembly when she was in foster care too. Gonna be sad when that bad boy falls off.

8 Likes

Congrats!

My two home groups only do 90 day and yearly. My 90 day has been in my wallet since I got it so that I always have it with me if I need it.

7 Likes

We got the kids back about a month ago. I think only posted about in the “one word” thread.

October 4th is our final court date hopefully.

8 Likes

Absofuckinglutely. They were gone for 7 months. Took some getting used to when we got them back, took a whole week off work, things are getting a lot more fluent and regular again.

4 Likes

Is your partner in recovery too? Sorry I’m being nosey. But it just makes my heart soar when I see people doing right by their kids :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also I’m in AZ as well

Yeah. She’s an alcoholic like I am. We both got sober on January 20th, been an arduous but rewarding road and it’s my pleasure to trudge with her. We’ve come a long way in a short time.

What part of the Copper State?

5 Likes

I’m in Gilbert. Been here my whole life. I love it. What about you

1 Like

Wayyy east lol. I live in Surprise, also a born and raised AZ native. We’re a rare breed here lol

2 Likes

That’s awesome!!!

2 Likes

My one year is in my car. My 11 months in my wallet and the rest on my night stand next to my phone charger.

3 Likes

Just a weirdly humbling time for me, each milestone. Definitely proud, but always subdued. I’ll share the news with my group, that puts a quiet smile on my face & I’m good with that. I’ve only personally felt the strong desire to stand up publicly & receive those three.

For me, nothing meant more then the first year, that one was so special! And 5 years, in my mind meant the big time to me. My first sponsor had 5yrs when she took me on, just a personally important milestone. And 25, was handed down to me by a dear man who’s since passed away. When I was one year sober, he collected his 25yr coin that same night. He turned around that night & handed it to my parents to keep me for me. They held onto it for 24 years. That one I accepted in his honor, in front of everyone :slight_smile:

13 Likes

This gives me happy chills. What an incredibly special legacy and gift. He knew you were in it for the long haul. Thank you for sharing this incredible story.

One drunk helping another.:heart:

3 Likes

^—This! That’s so beautiful I just teared up a little, @BondJaneBond. :hugs:

3 Likes

That’s beautiful. So happy for you guys :hugs:

2 Likes

Haha nice. Tbh my new one is on the arm of the chair where I left it last night.

2 Likes

Awesome :blush:

1 Like

Lovely idea :blush:

2 Likes

That’s so sweet! I bet your heart melted.

Marbles?! How cool!

4 Likes