AA for an Atheist

Have you checked out the SMART workbook yet? They give it out for free at meetings

1 Like

I have to get to one. I don’t feel like I live in a po-dunk city, but we only have one, and is not close at all. Once I move in a few weeks it will be closer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh holy crap. I think I had one!!! They gave it to us in DUI class. Threw it out a while back :flushed: At least I’m getting memory back :expressionless:

1 Like

I ordered one off the website, only $10 not bad. I think it’s gonna be worth it.

They sell them on the website for $10. Not free but I’m sure it’s worth it. I’m waiting for mine! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish I had a way to scan it or something but it’s a pretty big book.

1 Like

Once I get mine I could scan it and send you a copy of you wanted.

I got my copy already, but it would be cool to put up a couple pages for others to see. I’m not sure what kind of copyright they have on it, or user licensing.

Oh true. Didn’t think about that. They do have a lot of free worksheets on their site too that’s helpful.

For anyone wondering. Here’s the link.

2 Likes

SMART just makes so much sense to me and resonates with me in a very powerful, deep way. I like the fact that there is the opportunity to do it on your own too. Very self empowering.

1 Like

I want to go back and check out a couple more meetings, but it falls during the same time as one of my regular AA groups so it’s tough to get there. We only have one meeting a week in Syracuse.

I do want to give you the heads up that if you go to a meeting in person don’t be surprised if people bring up higher power stuff. A lot of people in SMART have come over from other fellowships so their recovery also comes with them

They also have scheduled online meetings. I’m not sure how they work exactly, I know there is a facilitator but there is information on their site about it. If you can’t attend a regular meeting, an online meeting might help.

I can’t even load YouTube videos bc I’m having Verizon issues. TS is about the only thing I have enough data to connect to. So at least I have here lol. I’m also going to be trying refuge recovery here soon once I can fit in my schedule. I think it’s meditation based.

1 Like

I wasn’t shy about trying any and every drug at least once so I better be willing to at least explore all types of recovery. It’s nice hearing about everyone’s experiences but I won’t know if I like them or not until I go to at least a few meetings or more.

1 Like

Yes!! It’s Buddhist philosophy which I have really connected with in the past year. I used to go to a meditation center and it was extremely helpful then I just started doing it on my own. I’m not religious and don’t believe in God but I really connect with the principles and philosophy of Buddhism.

1 Like

Little off topic, but one of the most beautiful services I have ever been to was an Islamic service. I’ve also attended Jewish services as well.

1 Like

So I ordered the book, Refuge Recovery after you mentioned doing some research on it! It’s on ebay for pretty cheap and I can’t wait to start reading it!

3 Likes

I think you already purchased but this is a printable version of the workbook. I hope it works.

Https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fapp.box.com%2Fshared%2Fc42hfl9upf3i35tagr9d