Abbreviations! Wtf?

Is it just me? I don’t get them sometimes. I feel outdated. Help!

4 Likes

Ha ha! I find myself searching for the meaning of these all the time! I’m comfortable with that, mostly because abbreviations are rampant in my industry. I find its a way for people to derive a sense of belonging, or having some secret arcane knowledge.

1 Like

I decided to make my own from now on, lol!

1 Like

Dear @anon34614660;
“I feel a couch amd book marathon weekend coming on.”
What does “amd” mean?
Today is my feeling dumb day. I guess feeling sick doesn’t help. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

GMFB :rofl::rofl: some of them amuse me

1 Like

We are outdated…true story…i saw “SMH”…the way it was used i thought it meant “suck me hard”…obviously we know where my brain was…then one day my mom was texting and used it…i was mortified my mom would use it. Quick google search showed me what i meant.

10 Likes

SMH @Donnie_Spiering :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: me too. Lol

2 Likes

@anon46927530 That made my day! (LMFAO!)

4 Likes

It took me forever to figure out AF meant something else on TS. Made posts pretty interesting. :rofl:

9 Likes

What does FML mean? I’m assuming it’s fuck my life am I anywhere close to that,?

4 Likes

I guessed AF stood for alcohol free on the forum not knowing there is more to it…but I am getting educated, now I know the original meaning of af too. Lol.

2 Likes

Yes that’s it

1 Like

Ha. AF is As Fuck. Like "I’m sober AF😉

2 Likes

Ohhhhh. You said u do know the meaning. I learned all this crap on this Game I played on my phone for a few years. I was the same as you tho. I was like, what in the world does that mean??

Oh. My. God. This is amazing. Thank you for this :joy:

2 Likes

@ChrisR
Any help with translation?

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: My exact thought, I’m so ancient

Wait, there are some young kids thinking lol means lots of love! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I knew FML but also thought SMH was a “sexual” abbreviation, lol. Never even had heard of AF before but I like that one :slight_smile: I was part of the first wave of cell phones in 99-2000 and used to be able to text just as fast hitting the numbers for the letters as I can now but at 35 I don’t know basic texting abbreviations :smile:

1 Like