Checking in daily to maintain focus #57

Great, thank you :pray:

3 Likes

Yay Dana :revolving_hearts::hugs:

3 Likes

:sunny: Morning Check In :sunny:
Day 557
2 weeks Binge Free
Good morning TS fam! I am loving seeing the milestones that everyone is celebrating today! Makes me happy :smiley:
I am celebrating a milestone myself. 2 weeks of being binge free! I cant even remember the last time i had 2 weeks of not having issues with my eating. This milestone also includes no emotional eating or mindless eating. I have had urges every single day tho to engage in that behavior but i havent acted out and have been using my DBT program to help me. I never realized how much I struggle with managing my emotions. I have come to realize that I have used something my entire life to cope. Mainly drugs but also food. This has been the first 2 weeks that i havent tried to mask my emotions with any outside source to try and make myself feel better. Its been alot of work but sooo rewarding!! I feel like a new person! :sparkles: Anyway, todays plans are to do my usual cleaning and maybe get outdoors to the dollarstore or something. I already worked out (did back, biceps, & cardio) and now drinking my coffee while reading thru the threads. Today is going to be a FANTASTIC day! I feel it :smiley: Hope everyone has a great day also! Much love :butterfly:

22 Likes

Amazing :heart_eyes::boom::clap:t3: Love these numbers!

4 Likes

Day 978,

Having a rough day. Doubting whether I should share, but it’s one of the few places I feel save to do so. Almost four weeks in the center now and half way there approximately. Like a true addict I want results quickly, but that ain’t gonna happen. So now at four weeks and I feel little improvement. One of the main reason’s is that I’m here for diagnostics not particularly for treatment. It’s mostly observing what they do and a lot of writing. Started to pick a fight with one of the nurses the day before yesterday. She thinks she runs the show according to the addicted me. I shouldn’t waste my energy like that. I’m very tired at the moment, which is logical I geuss due to all the emotions and the stop of the medication (risperidon) for my PTSD. Although it was a low dose of 1 mg, it is still no candy. So quitting it after about a year might logically have an effect in my mood etc. I have to stay calm and push through to a lot. The reward is hopefully at the end, I really need to start trusting the process. Like my therapist just said, you should be proud that your still sober. Trying to be now :joy:. It’s a hard one for me :wink:.

Greetz and much love :heart:

17 Likes

Grateful that you are doing so well and finding a way to eat with others around so you are not alone. ED here is for Eating Disorder and TS is short for this site Talking Sober.

May want to check out the below threads for some other abbreviations - a few have multiple meanings (just depends on context) – like AF can be Alcohol free or as fuck… :laughing:

Abbreviations! Wtf?

TS slang/abbreviations

4 Likes

Each day sober is an accomplishment. Don’t undersell all your hard work and try not to focus on where you have gotten to before. Know where your trigger points and prepare to address them in time. For example this weekend – we know things have to change here. Glad that you are already planning to be on this site then but also maybe change up your routines or plan activities to keep you busy. I’m sorry about your boss – that’s his problem and you deserve a better environment- hoping for the best in your hob hunt.

WOW – this was a huge revelation and I’m grateful that you are working on setting these new boundaries with your ex. I’m sure it can’t be easy and I’m sorry that you still do not have your parents ashes back with you. Do think you are doing amazing with your sobriety and in turn making a safe healthy environment for yourself.
@juli1 You ROCK Jules – well done on your double digits and grateful for your commitment. Keep up the amazing work you are doing!
@mrsodh Grateful that your husband is dong better. I totally understand not wanting to take on the responsibility of care when we are not trained. I’m sure you ae doing great and its completely normal to be scared. Sending you strength and more healing for your husband.
@just_laura OK so you had a DAY – my goodness – you handled it like a pro. I’m sure you are exhausted and hope you get some rest before today’s shift. The icing on the cake with the fire alarm was a tad funny – yup – have to laugh at that point.
@jennyH 50 days is awesome! Well done Jenny – you are rocking sobriety! Happy to hear that you are stronger today facing your work situation – hope it gets easier. Great mindset to be more vigilant now and clutch onto the tools with everything you have – knowing that you are vulnerable is when you focus more on yourself and get rid of the “stinking thinking” (thanks Eric for that line)
@soberwalker you are amazing with your 1800 days! Well done on both your milestones – have a wonderful time celebrating you today!
@amy30 that is a lovely number indeed – well done on working the odaat and crushing it!
@flourishingperson1 Great job on your 1 week milestone! Keep strong! :muscle:
@SelfLove_42 Wonderful job with your 3 weeks! Hugs my friend – for not giving in and for realizing the falsehoods of the absorbed behavior. So grateful that you chose connection! :pray: Grateful that you are working on yourself so diligently and utilizing every tool at your disposal. We are here cheering you on! :clap:

10 Likes

@mindofsobermike I am sorry about the zoom meeting. I do know the nervousness I get when having to do those as well (not a pro at them by any means and our internet is always on the fritz). You do have her phone number so on Monday when you connect – send her a text that you are logged on. That way if any issues arise she can address them quickly. Deep breathes about orientation. I’m sure you will do great – it’s just a matter of getting up and going. It is a great step towards the future you want and I’m sure it won’t be as scary as you imagine. We will be right here if you need an extra push in the morning.

Ah yes – thank you! So crazy how these feelings never go away even after all the days stacked up and won. I keep my notes from the beginning of the journey to remind me how not easy it was and I do try to focus more on the stories of the struggles rather than thinking on the good ol times (cause lets face it – we did have some good times but the bad times and the side effects are so much worse) Appreciate the reminder that this is a life long journey and we need to always be on alert.
@deelzebub I do hope that the time in the café sketching will be calming for you. Looking forward to seeing your tote bags once completed along with your sketches. I do hope the day turns out to be positive for you.
@butterflymoonwoman SO VERY PROUD OF YOU DANA! Well done on your 2 week milestone. I know it has been a struggle and I’m so grateful to see you doing so well!
@rob11 Grateful that you feel safe here with us – we are here for you my friend. Well done on sticking with the treatment and grateful that you are seeing a hint of improvement. You are right – its hard not to want to see instant results – do trust the process and be proud of the achievements you have achieved thus far. Wishing you luck in adjusting to being off the medication

Checking in on Thursday morning
It’s been a decent start to the day. I tried a 20 minute Red Light Therapy session this morning for my lower back and it really helped - at least for half hour – still, it was great to have not pain in my lower back for a while. I am grateful that the day is starting off well and i have some energy today. Ready to embrace this beautiful day! Wishing everyone an addiction free day / evening - sending much love :heart: :heart:

8 Likes

Happy Thursday friend! So glad that the red light therapy worked for a bit. Must have been a nice relief, even for 30 min. Hope u are painfree today and enjoy ur day! Hugs :people_hugging:

5 Likes

39 days sober . If anyone cares found my Rumba aka Gordy in office no energy left and sound asleep. That is how I feel when I go in there to do anything. Honestly turning the light on is exhausting. I usually box up stuff and go to the kitchen table. Maybe I should do a spiritual cleansing and get some great motivational inspiring pictures up, Wow had no idea this sharing would take on office topic. anyway headed to dog groomer drop off dog. I’m going to an AA meeting. It’s going to be a great day. May all of you enjoy your day being sober.

19 Likes

Checking in on day 60
A couple of years ago, I never imagined that I would reach this many consecutive days sober. My journey has been long, confusing, painful, and insightful. I had many hospitalizations, hurt too many people, and almost lost my life. Rehab at just 24, I saw no light at the end of the tunnel. But I see the light now. I know it’s just 60 days, but I’m very proud of myself. I feel like a have a second shot at life, and this time I’m going to do it right.
I feel incredibly grateful for life and sobriety.
Thank you to everybody in this community, you all have helped me so much.
Thank you to anyone who read this, I know it was long. And as always, have a great day. :white_heart::white_heart:

23 Likes

Congratulations on 60 days!!! It feels amazing doesnt it?!

Its not just 60 days… its a huge deal! Thats 2 whole months of freedom :slight_smile:
Proud of u!

7 Likes

20230824_193123
1 :black_medium_small_square: :white_medium_small_square: :white_medium_small_square:

19 Likes

You are amazing :clap:…well done for your 60 daus aka 2 months of sobriety— the beginning is the hardest imo and you should be super proud :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Haven’t checked in much, haven’t felt like doing much to be honest! Just surviving this absurd record breaking heat wave and subsequent migraine (better today!) and continuing with my baby steps to get my house in order. My husband put some more shelves up so I can start displaying my knick knacks, treasures, if you will. Brings me joy. In my short time outside this morning I spied a couple volunteer tomato plants, one in my compost pile (pretty common) but an extra special one growing in the cracks of my sidewalk next to the back gate. It was a sight that touched my heart and reminded me that we can not only survive but thrive even in the harshest conditions. Just like all of us here. Stay strong, friends. :heartpulse:

23 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Checking in day 198 sober.

Feeling tired and sluggish today. I’m at work but might end up slipping out earlier today and getting home and try to get to bed earlier this evening.

20 Likes

6.56 no marijuana
36.90 no ciggs or vapes
105.83 no alcohol

Today was good
Did some food shopping
Day off today from work and back at it tomorrow

Craving nicotine wayyyyy less but still on 2mg nic lozenges

So far no marijuana for 5 days, I feel good about that
Got some good energy because of being abstinent from marijuana products. I can wake up not depending on marijuana for anything

No alcohol for 105 days in a row
I have no urges to go back to alcohol at all

Take care everyone
Stay strong

19 Likes

:dancer:
IMG_4288

5 Likes

Day 4: no grazing
Day 753: no pills

15 Likes