About the Relapses category

After 6 months clean i started drinking. Back off it but so angry and sad at myself. I refuse to blame the person who was abusive to me for making me start again as thats a lie. I started again my choice, my responsibility, my weakness. Get to 6 or 8 months then boom I find an excuse. I could do with a sponsor I think but no groups nesr me im very rural

1 Like

My biggest downfall is my husband. I have quite for a month but it seems like when Iā€™m firm with him about not smoking weed he seems to talk me into smiling then I give in again. I need more courage to stand my grounds and say NO. I want change

1 Like

I am coming out of a relapse, at about 3pm today Iā€™ll have my first 24 hours. My triggers have been depression/ foul moods, tiredness, boredom, a few certain people, extra money and negative thinking. Any advice is much appreciated.

3 Likes

Relapsed after I was doing great staying sober, and for the first time in awhile by choice, but for two days. I think my trigger was between having to go somewhere I wasnt comfortable, feeling like I need to use meth to wake up to go anywhere, and knowing that Iā€™m going out I can find a way to get before going back home and taking a break again. My thoughts and triggers, Iā€™m not good with my English either. But I just wanted to say I feel like crap I chose to use again. It sucks to think that I only made it two days but makes me feel better making it two days with no urge to use then it did making five days clean but struggling with wanting to use every minute of each of those give days. I know my sobriety wonā€™t happen over night. But more days like those two days is worth the effort to me to keep trying

1 Like

Oh to extend on that I meant to say it really helps me allot to reflect back on what triggered me to use again. Being addicted to meth but working on my sobriety, Ive found that allot of my triggers in the past werent even realistic or anything that I couldnā€™t avoid. But taking it one step at a time I work my triggers out one by one

I could really use some help. I was 3 months clean until this past weekend and now Iā€™ve lost my job, spent a ton of money, and wrecked things horribly. Please help

1 Like

I got out of a 28 day rehab on Feb 25 and relapsed that very same day. Iā€™m scheduled to go to sober living tomorrow. My trigger was returning home to the same ol stuff, the familiar dope houses and the same active using boyfriend. Iā€™ve been beating the hell outta myself since and having a difficult time getting over this failure.

3 Likes

I was dry for almost 5 months. Then a man from my past messaged me just to sexually harass me. Im angry I let him get to me, and Iā€™m angry he thinks he has the right to do that. Donā€™t message me saying to block him or tell a cop who wonā€™t do anything but blame me.

One of my triggers are my friends that are still addicts. I donā€™t see them but when they hit me up for rides I want to help them but I know if I go pick them up Iā€™ll probably get high. I relapsed yesterday after almost a month clean. Iā€™m so upset with myself.

3 Likes

I have had another relapse. Not sure what triggered it. Bored maybe?

2 Likes

Has anyone has any success with sobriety and NOT changing their peer group ? My friends are freaking great humans, but definitely a trigger for me.

2 Likes

My triggers. Work have a stressful day have a wine. My family thatā€™s a train wreck. Lost my mother in law on a Thursday lost my mom on Friday. My kids turned on me. Very cruel situation. Had several wines. Lost my job had several more. My husband is a mean hateful man. I thought if I drank with him he would stop being so mean. So I had so many wines I had thoughts of ending my suffering. Instead I have rejoined the group to vent, learn, help and forgive myself. I canā€™t change my family they have their own demons 5th generation addicts. I simple had to let it go. Give my whole life to a higher power I was powerless over the addiction. One day at a time. 4 days sober Iā€™m just trying to stay out of the swamp. I canā€™t sleep if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the support.

2 Likes

So I made it to 16 days and at the end of my day yesterday it didnā€™t end well. I seen someone and I said hi he said how you doing j said great. He said stop bye it was the neighbors to a house I was renovating. However he said stop by and said im getting something. My sobriety came to mind instantly but I didnā€™t choose to say no. And I chose to use THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR IT! IM UPSET BUT NOT BEATING MYSELF UP. But it seems every 2 weeks I want to mess up. Im more upset now that itā€™s a new year and I used. My fault.

4 Likes

I am having troubles with my withdrawals and I end up using when I go threw like a day I get sick all-day and then once I canā€™t handle I end up using like I donā€™t go all out rank but I still use even if itā€™s a little in the past week I hit my reset button twice in like 9 days it makes me feel pretty ugly every time I hit the reset button what do you think I should do to better cope with my withdrawals ???

2 Likes

I had a relapse yesterday and I really trying to quit completely. I was sober for 60 prior to taking a hit.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it would be possibleā€¦

1 Like

Start again!

2 Likes

I believe in you.

1 Like

Thank you. You express your feelings so openly. I love that.

This right here I totally get!!! :grimacing:Possibility of a trigger for you? I hope not cuz I felt like I could relate, feel free to delete I will totally understandā€¦I was 21 days clean, got into an argument with my bf and decided to go out. Friend of mine who still uses and sells needed a ride so I jumped. I knew once I got in the truck I was gona get high. I felt so dissapointed in myself, then I didnt use for the next 2 days which I decided to say that one slip didnt count, and I was ok felt positive, cuz I didnt use my DOC I used a differnt one lol so ridiculas :pensive:But then my bf and I talked and made up then of course he wanted to use cuz he knew I did. I had a great day yesterday(was high of course it was a great day) then got into it with my bf again (basically cuz we were both high) and there goes my one and only positive vibe I had going for me, so Ive been up for 2 daysā€¦Today techniqally would be day 30 I am admitting to myself that this was a big fall off the wagon, but I cant dissapoint my parents and my good friends, they have been so proud of me. So today once again I will have to pretend Im still doing good, beating myself up about it is pretty rough punishment enough since I cant tell anyone. Monday HAS to mark a new day for me, Ive lost so much in the last year, this isnt my life and I dont want this to be my life. I want to leave this shit behind me and be ME again. I was so proud of myself which is quite hard for me, but now I gotta get the hell up and get back on the wagonā€¦this time I gotta do myself a favor and not give in so easily. I hope good things for you and I will send good vibes your way. ā€¦
.sorry for the novel

1 Like