Accountability buddies | 28 day wellbeing challenge

They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit and I am really feeling like I would like to replace old self destructive and compulsive behaviour with healthy habits that will contribute to my overall wellbeing.

Would love to meet a few accountability buddies who are up for checking in daily on the run up to Christmas Eve. Anybody want to join me?

What I am letting go of:

Drinking alcohol
Binge eating
Sugar
Phone in bed

Daily habits I want to adopt:

Meditation
Drink 2l water
Healthy meals
Journaling
Exercise
Books in bed

:blossom: These are my well being choices - no need for you to do any of these if they don’t resonate, you are totally free to pick other habits you want to adopt or let go of :blossom:

Not a competition! Just want to hold myself accountable and feel strong and healthy over the holidays. Actively making these changes will definitely help with any anxiety I am feeling around Christmas booze and food, I know it!

Feeling good and reaching for even better :dizzy:

28 Likes

Although I am spectacularly failing with binge-eating and meditating atm I am happy to join!

1 Like

I hear you! Im just emerging from a 2 year shit show but have experienced a new found determination over the last 8 days of sobriety and am gonna roll with it.
I know what it feels like to thrive as I have done these things consistently in the past and felt SO alive and grounded and aligned… I’d just like to get back to feeling good as much as I can.

Not making suggestions for anyone else’s new habits btw but would be so lovely to have someone to check in with for a bit. If we can aim to just be honest and accountable over the next 28 days then it won’t feel as hard to stick at it as we start to feel the benefits of the little changes we make.

Let’s just do our best! If we slip we can just get back on board again.

2 Likes

Im in. 30min exercise every morning. Starting when I wake up.

I think it takes at least three months to build a habit, but lets start with a few weeks and go from there!!!

1 Like

I’m in, I will check in in the evenings.

1 Like

Cool. I’m aiming for exercise first thing too. Good to have you on board! May take longer for habits to form but a good start for sure. I’ll take a break for Christmas day and the following day but would like to get back on track then. No alcohol over Christmas though, I’m so done with that.

2 Likes

Great! I’m in Ireland and will check in during the evenings too.

2 Likes

Evening everyone, I’m starting day 1 of stopping binge eat I just to better myself and I’ll see how it goes.So day 1 sober, I guess.

2 Likes

I will do the same with small changes:

What I am letting go of:

Drinking alcohol

Snacking (binge eating) – I don’t binge eat but snack in the evenings and gonna cut that off.

Added sugar (starting cold turkey and see how it goes, a reduced amount of sugar intake would be still a win for me)

Phone in bed

Meditation – I don’t meditate, but will do some meditative activities

Drink 2l water – I don’t have problem with that one, so I skip.

Healthy meals

Journaling – not for me

Exercise – with rest days

Books in bed – maybe not in bed, but I will read a bit every day. Usually I just lack motivation, but once I start it’s ok, so deliberately assigning time for that is a good idea.

Personal goal (not for wellbeing): language learning on a daily basis

Today:

No drinking alcohol – I stayed sober.

No snacking – I ate a lot, but no binge, didn’t snack.

No added sugar – big challenge for me, because I got really hooked on chocolate lately. I will miss tonic water too. Today I made it, didn’t eat any added sugar today, ate apples instead.

No phone in bed – I’m not in bed yet, but usually I don’t use phone there, so luckily it won’t be a big challenge, just something I will keep an eye on.

Meditative activity – I listened to classical music in the dark, it was pretty good, I just realized how much I missed it.

Healthy meals – I didn’t eat fruit in a long time (it’s something I already wanted to change), but today ate a lot of apples and mandarins and ate healthily in general.

Exercise – worked out.

Books in bed – not there yet, but I read during the day.

Language learning – read texts

5 Likes

I’m in :cowboy_hat_face: I will follow @Tomek in making small changes:

What I am letting go of:

Drinking alcohol

Snacking (binge eating) – I don’t binge eat but snack in the evenings and gonna cut that off.

Added sugar
Caffeine after 2 PM

Phone in bed (I don’t do this so that ones easy peasy)

Meditation – Daily scripture and meditation on that

Drink 2l water~ I predict a crash and burn on this

Healthy meals

Journaling

Exercise – with rest days

Husband in bed – nothing but him and be present for him.

3 Likes

Hey @Gracie1 good to have you on board!

1 Like

Love it @Tomek there are absolutely no rules so whatever works for you. I have just got to the end of day 1, stuck to my plan today and off to bed now. So SO happy to have my second sober Friday in a long time. That feels like the biggest win so far but excited to see how I am feeling by Christmas if I manage to keep a nice routine going. Great to have you all to check in with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool @TigerMatriarch Do whatever feels good to you. I’m glad you’re here!

1 Like

:muscle:x1

Before:

YIlrss3byfhYI

After:

FZyCUbliFPiWQ

1 Like

Day 2 of being sober, just Checking in, have a lovely day everyone

4 Likes

I’m down to try for this.

I’d like to let go of
Using
Swearing so much
Eating just food
Sleeping all of the time

I’d like to start
Eating healthy
Drinking more water
Exercise
Spend more one on one time with my children

I’m struggling hard with my addiction right now.
My mom is coming out for a week to visit my family and I know I’ll be able to stay sober with her here. So I’m looking for all the help I can to maintain it once she leaves

3 Likes

Goals - no drinking, no binge-eating, do meditation or stretching every day

Day 1

No drinking
No binge eating
Did stretching
:blush::muscle::blush:

3 Likes

I’d like to join if not too late!

I’d like to let go of:

• snacking at night
    -unhealthy snacks during workday

I’d like to make sure I:

• do something active (moderate to brisk) everyday
    -track water with a goal of 100oz
    -journal and meditate each morning
    -read before bed
    -use plate method at dinner

I’ll check in at night (EST)

Thank you all!!!

4 Likes

Hi! This is my first time using the community feature on this app, and I’m not sure exactly how it works…but here goes nothing!
I just got my first two week badge of sobriety… and I’m feeling good, but I do know that I have to focus my energy on transforming my daily routines, so this thread seems like a good place to start.
All of your goals are pretty much identical to my own!! I will just add in: sing or draw every day. (I am a singer/songwriter and a visual artist who has been too busy or drunk to make any music or art for a looooong time now. :frowning: I need to find my way back to it, and let all these feelings out in a creative way) I hope joining this chat thingy can keep me accountable!

5 Likes

Welcome to the community and congrats on your 2 weeks!

3 Likes