Action for Happiness - Joyful June

They look really big now!!

1 Like

Think I might need to preamble that one so it’s doesn’t look like I’ve lost my marbles. Or I could just ask my grandchildren …

Haha yea I think I will explain it is part of this AFH thing. Although I’m on my way to a networking event so I could just try it there without any explanation :see_no_evil::joy: I don’t think I could.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

DAY 7

Make a plan with friends to do something fun together.

1 Like

Well I didn’t do that yesterday, I have quite a few things coming up over the next couple of months and I feel like I need to just get through them. I’m seeing some friends at the end of July which I’m looking forward to.

Edit, my bf and I said we would have a day off and go to the beach tomorrow (now today). It’s good when it rains cos it’s empty. So maybe I did this. I tend to distinguish between my friends and him but I spend most of my time with him.

1 Like

DAY 8

Find the joy in music today: sing, play, dance or listen.

Got a belly dance do this evening so there will be lots of music and dancing. Going for a rainy day trip planned today so will get some choons on for the car journey!

1 Like

I just downloaded a new album and have myself the time to listen from start to finish. Really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

I didn’t engage with this precisely because I don’t really hang out with friends per se. I tend to spend my spare time with my husband, dogs and grandchildren - and I took most of yesterday off and did spend time with all of them. So it’s a :heavy_check_mark: from me after all.

Did you have fun at the beach?

2 Likes

Well you have this nailed! :dancer:t2:. Is it a competition or performance or something?

I think my efforts might be less energetic :joy: - maybe I will put my tunes on while hoovering or something :rofl: Living The Dream :rofl:

2 Likes

Beach was brilliant, Lady loved it. Haven’t been for ages, so it felt like a real treat. Hopefully we will go more this year. My antidepressants seem to help get my anxiety under control so while I won’t be going on the hottest day of the summer holidays (Lady doesn’t like children or dogs), I can go when it’s wet and windy. It’s a good way to spend a miserable day.

Belly dance do was good too, I think I might have mentioned about haflas before… Sorry if I’m just repeating myself but basically a party (usually in a community centre/local hall and usually a fundraiser) where dancers take it in turns to perform. They put on a really good buffet and a live band to dance to after as well!

Love a bit of housework music… Although I often end up doing more dancing than cleaning :see_no_evil: I found a good playlist on Spotify the other day, a 90s workout one, which I had on while I was doing some gardening.

1 Like

Did you actually take some time off? How did that feel?

DAY 9

Get out into some green space and feel the joy that nature offers.

Yes, definitely, blue sky and sunshine here at the moment so am going to make the most of it and take the dog out. Was supposed to be doing a big walk today but I aaache from gardening this week and I’m coming down with a cold so 15 miles is not happening. An hour or so though will be nice.

1 Like

I did! I only did about three hours work (before 8am :rofl:) and then spent the morning with the kids and the afternoon cleaning and dog walking. I feel rejuvenated for it today @siand, thank you for asking!

I’m going to do the same :sunglasses::dog::dog:

1 Like

I will be heading to my allotment later with the wife and kids :hugs:

2 Likes

Yay! I am doing this one today. This morning I am meeting my Dad at an Audubon preserve so we can take pictures of birds together. I got a new camera lens and he is going to to help me figure it out. We are doing an online nature photography class together.

2 Likes

I’m hoping to get an allotment soon. I currently have a line of tomato plants on my living room window which I think are nearly big enough to be planted, plus a couple of courgettes.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the results! :heart::bird:

DAY 10

Write a gratitude letter to thank someone for what they did.

Hmm I will need to think about this. My gratitude lists usually focus around pets and nature rather than people :joy: so it will be good to think about that.

1 Like