Action for Happiness - Meaningful May

DAY 6

What are your most important values? Use them today.

Gaaah more self reflection :disappointed_relieved:

I’m going to keep this simple. Being kind is important. Today I will try and be kind. To myself as well as others!

3 Likes

Hahaha - I know right? Self reflection sucks. I would say kindness is a major one for me too so I shall follow suit!

2 Likes

I really like this thread. Thanks for your sharing. Today my most important value is self-care. I have to take care of my health by working on physical therapy AND staying sober today. Also, being mindful so I can be fully present for others.

3 Likes

DAY 7

Go on a kindness mission. Give your time to help others today.

2 Likes

Yay! Ok - I can do this one :blush:.

2 Likes

I did not manage this today. I bailed on my belly dance class and didn’t tell my Mum so I didn’t have to go round there. I know that is pretty much the opposite of kindness but I just needed an evening on the sofa, I’m completely exhausted from the weekend.

I am going to meet some people from a local environmental group tomorrow evening though to see if I can help them out. So I’m hoping that will count, just a day behind!

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the opposite of kindness at all. Sometimes we just need some space that’s all. I’m pretty sure you can rack up a tab :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

DAY 8

Tell someone about why your favourite music means a lot to you.

I have favourite music to dance to, but my favourite songs that are meaningful to me… One of them is Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds. ‘every little thing is gonna be alright’ is a line I come back to often.

Fairport Convention Meet on the Ledge is a hugely meaningful song to me. It’s a song that my friends Dad used to sing in his band, and it has become a memorial song to that friend who died a few years ago. Some of his ashes are scattered over the hill near where I live and we played it when we did that.

I’m sure there are more but those are the first two that come to mind

2 Likes

Gosh I have so many it’s hard to choose! I love Philip Glass Koyannisquatsi - do you know it?

1 Like

I don’t think so, I will check it out. The only Philip Glass song I can think of is one called Facades. There was a period of time when it seemed to be on Radio Four so much Feedback had ‘GlassWatch’ :joy:

@anon51407452 is that because they are so personal or are they just a bit cringey?!

@keiti silence is good too! Although I must say I prefer birdsong to silence. Maybe the sound of the birds is actually my favourite music. It always makes me feel better. Except maybe for the crows, they’re enthusiastic but not very tuneful :joy:

1 Like

DAY 9

Pay special attention to the people you cherish most.

I would like to start with all of you working through this journey with me. Thank you for being here :heart:

3 Likes

Aw that’s lovely @siand and same definitely goes for me! And then my dogs, husband and grandchildren and all my family really (not necessarily in that order!!!). :joy:

2 Likes

Dog first, every time! :joy:

2 Likes

I didn’t want to say it … :rofl: but it’s out there now!!! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I will pay special attention to my son, almost 20. He’s struggling too. I will try to be more present for him and have healthy boundaries at the same time. A challenge!

3 Likes

Hey there, I’m new, I’d like to take part at your idea of reflecting each day on a specific topic. How does this work and are all of you addicted to similar things (personally I still struggle with an eating disorder and trying out how long I can resist the urge to hurt me in any way f.e. not eating or eating to much or thinking bad about myself etc.)
Sry that this is so off your topic, just interested how this whole chat-thing and the different sections work😅

1 Like

Hi :wave: You are of course welcome to join us here. The more the merrier!

My sobriety relates to drinking alcohol but I am working towards a healthier and happier life in general. If you use the search bar you will find some eating disorder threads but I’m sure you will find lots you can relate too here too :blush:

1 Like

DAY 10

Find out about the value and traditions of another culture.

Am actually going for a meal at an Armenian restaurant this afternoon so that works out nicely!

2 Likes

I don’t think I have had Armenian food @siand - hope you have a good evening and enjoy! I’ll need to give this some more thought!

Okay, thank you I’m glad to join, in fact I’ve found some reasons/habits that sound very similar to mine and I can understand totally what other struggle with. Happy to have found this app.
P.S. my English isn’t perfect because I’m from Germany

1 Like