Action for Happiness - Meaningful May

My family is from France but my boyfriend is from Bavaria so I asked him to tell me some stuff about his favourite typical Bavarian Parents/feasts/dialect etc. This was pretty funny, thank you!:blush:

1 Like

DAY 11

Do something to help a project or a charity you care about.

Ok something I have to do is bag and bank money from the fundraiser last weekend. I also have some ideas to write up after the meeting for the local environmental group I went to on Wednesday so there’s that.

1 Like

Easy :blush:. I’ll choose today to do some of my penal reform work.

1 Like

DAY 12

Visit a location you find inspiring and meaningful.

Got a few things on today but will see if I can fit this into a dog walk later!

1 Like

Same here @siand… I’d find a holiday destination meaningful right now!! :wink:. I do have a spot on my dog walk that stands out for me as the spot that created the feeling and moment I decided to quit drinking (after years of wishing I could but not actually trying)

- and I did. I felt disconnected being in that beautiful space on a bright morning because I felt laden with years of guilt and self loathing at my drinking and I couldn’t feel the beauty of the place that I could so clearly see. I didn’t want to live life with such sadness and shame anymore. I wanted to feel part of the world again. I took a photo of that moment and this is it. I think I shall spend time in that spot.

5 Likes

Yesterday I was in a centre for environment, it was fun to learn more about how to protect our beautiful planet and how important it is that everybody tries just to to as much as he can in his life so that little by little we improve our own lifes and the life of thousand others, this centre is made especially to meet people who care and to watch documentary together, talk about it in a café or buy co2 neutral stuff in the small sipermarket, its a very inspiring place with lots of plants and light::blush::bird:

2 Likes

Yes to a holiday!

That is beautiful and totally meaningful. This has made me think, I have a similar place I can go.

This picture was taken on my last drinking day, before it all turned into a shit show. Although actually anywhere I can be with my boyfriend and my dog is meaningful. They are my top two. I will go to this spot today but I will also make sure I spend some time with them both and really appreciate them :blush:

4 Likes

That sounds really good!

The WWF have a big eco building that sounds similar, where you can learn about wildlife. It’s not very close to where I live but it’s a place I’d like to go at some point. It looks lovely

1 Like

sounds like the must-see-place I’d like to visit when I’m in England😊 I hope to work in an organisation as a teacher…but first I’m studying and enjoying my blessed and priviledged life. Its 10 AM now so I have to start my day, happy sober-day to everyone❤

1 Like

That’s wonderful, What a unique experience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

DAY 13

Find a way to craft your work activity to give it more meaning

I don’t really know what this means :see_no_evil::joy:

2 Likes

Ah this one is meant for me I think @siand :joy: - it’s about approaching even the most mundane of work tasks and imbuing it with meaning and significance. I have a ton of marking to do which is super dull and which I hate beyond words - I think that card was meant for me :rofl:

3 Likes

How did that work out for you?

I actually did do something like this card yesterday. At work it’s all a bit unplanned and off the cuff. It’s great for flexibility but it drives me nuts sometimes. Some of the stuff I consider basic just isn’t in place. So I started putting some bits in place.

I did some reports on my work activity and I’m doing a bit better than I realised. I’ve started putting a bit of a plan together and I’m meeting people to build some allies to help start getting a bit more organised. There is still a lot outside of my control but I can’t do anything about that. I need to recognise what’s my job and what isn’t too. Check my ego and keep my side of the street clean!

1 Like

DAY 14

Name three things you’ve done that you’re really proud of.

I will think about this and update later. Looking forward to reading other people’s awesome achievements!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not entirely sure that I succeeded but I did remain engaged. You sound like you had a productive and reflective day chica :muscle:t2:.

2 Likes

Quit crack and heroin
Got off my methadone
103 days clean x

4 Likes

That’s a great list of things to be proud of!

Likewise @keiti and I can relate to fitterish :see_no_evil::joy:

@bootz beloved in your community sounds like a lot!

My three things:

1. Navigating the last year without a drink
  2. Completing a 34 mile walk in a day
  3. Recognising and letting go of commitments that don’t fit with where I want to be at the moment
2 Likes

DAY 15

Look for opportunities to be a good citizen of the world today.

2 Likes

My three things…

1. Getting sober - never thought I could achieve this so that’s MASSIVE.
  2. Getting my PhD - a while ago but a big deal to me.
  3. I am a loving and extremely loyal person - maybe this explains my love of dogs!
5 Likes