Addicted to weed sober for 5 days so far

Hi i’ve been sober before but Therese are always moments in “sadness” and I turn to Mary Jane to lwt go of reality and be in my bubblet.

I don’t know how or the right tactics for staying sober forever and I am always afraid ofthe day of Sadness coming knocking

Anyone can relate? First post here… and first time trying the app

1 Like

Welcome Patrik! :innocent:

Emotions are a big part of healthy living and healthy recovery. One of the things we learn in recovery groups and recovery programs is how to be accepting: accepting of the waves of life, accepting of our emotions and our thoughts, which come by us, pass through us - we learn to accept them and not to be pushed over by them. We learn to see them while not surrendering to them.

This forum here is useful - read around and you’ll find many relevant threads - and recovery groups (on and offline) also helps. Online, you might try www.InTheRooms.com; offline, you might try SMART Recovery, which isn’t really focused on any one substance, but more about recovery in general. In these places you’ll learn a lot about how to accept yourself as you are, and not to fight your life or live in fear of boredom or loneliness or sadness (which are just things that come in waves - we don’t have to run from them).

There’s lots of good resources for learning here too:

Resources for our recovery

Welcome Patrik! Keep us posted. Looking forward to hearing about your journey :innocent:

1 Like

Hi

I should be 4 days in but I had a bad day yesterday, really intense thoughts plus phsycosis to through in the mix which I manage like a really annoying friend. I raided my rolling box and found fragments :roll_eyes:, probably no more than half a joint. It was still enough tho make me cry for most of the day. Feeling much better now though. I’m just dreading going to bed

1 Like

This too shall pass, and you will be stronger from it. Keep up the good work