Addictions and this app

I remember when I first made a serious attempt at becoming sober I had to self isolate and this Forum was my lifeline. I had many shit days and felt lonely- and only had enough energy to participate in some of the lighter threads. Sometimes the threads add up quickly and some get missed- but it’s never intentional. A lot of people come and go and lot of people have been here a long time and have even made friendships. It may appear to be clickey at times- but really it’s not.

6 Likes

When I wake up sober, and have my coffee and open this app its all about the wrong things…and people acting so immature and nothing about real REAL addictions, its all laugh and jokes. I found it actually very hard to connect with anyone, especially with my addictions and hidden addictions, and even now it still is hard to find actual useful encouragement, not just the comment " you’re not alone were here"…" welcome"…crap. I found myself relapsing which I blame nobody. But myself. But then I climbmy way back up to here, and again found nothing helpful except highschool gossip crap. I don’t know how to find groups I tried on here but everything just comes up as the stupid post your pet and all that crap all over again. I came here to find help. Not a sober facebook

2 Likes

I wish you all the best Jade. Take care and I hope you find what works for you. When I first came here I was so very alone and frightened. I stuck around and read information relevant to what I needed at that moment. What I needed, I found but this is ever changing…With each stage of my fight I needed different things. This place won’t work for everybody but it works for me (right now at this stage in my sobriety) I take what I need and leave the rest. If ever you decide to come back it will be lovely to see you again. Be safe :pray:t2::two_hearts:

11 Likes

If you (or anyone!) would like to find help on specific topics or addictions, try the search bar :mag: if you haven’t already.

If you don’t feel comfortable creating a post to talk about your own experience and ask for specific advice etc, feel free to private message me or any of the moderators, or members with regular status, we could probably point you in the direction of people and posts that might be useful to you.

7 Likes

Personally what ive found the most helpfull in my recovery is just talking to someone your comfortable with. If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me, i’ll try to help if i can or just listen and talk. Wish the best for you

1 Like

Also, I put together this topic at the start of the month with the intention of helping newer folk find some useful content and get a feel for the place -

When I joined it was an active community but it is just getting busier and busier!

3 Likes

I dont want to be heard, even though I make it out to be that way. I just get angry and I speak. I wont apologize for being me.i just feel this app isn’t very genuine. Maybe I got off on the wrong start.

3 Likes

I get what you’re saying.

1 Like

Agreed, your feelings are valid. Personally i dont mind the other topics, i just ignore the ones that dont intrest me/help in my recovery. What really drew me in was the acceptance and love of the recovery community. No matter how big of a jerk i was, they always welcomed me with open arms and told me to keep coming back. There really can be a sense of community. It took me a while to get into it because im a quiet introvert but definitly was worth it once i opened up and joined the community.

8 Likes

I so appreciate all that you’ve said here Jenna. And @anon23883251 I can relate to some of what you’ve said, :100::100::100: Sometimes I get super pissed or even just annoyed when I come here and see stuff that seems like it goes against my idea of a sober forum. But it’s also just my issue, I think, and this is a worldwide group of a whole lotta different types of people who have different expectations and needs and interests and I had to realize that it really can be relevant to how people stay sober. It’s about connection. So, I mute entire threads. I don’t even see them anymore when I come here. I know it can seem like more work, but it’s worth it for me to do that so I can get out of this what helps me. And to be honest it is what is keeping me sober. So I hope it helped to share your thoughts. I hear you. I hope you try and craft your feed so you don’t have to see what bugs ya. Stay, if you want. I hope so.

8 Likes

Can’t I get blocked from this app…ive tried to delete my profile but I dont know how

Well said. Same here!!! I’m such an introvert and I get that connection to others who are having their own struggles and we are stronger together.

2 Likes

You just ask a moderator and they will delete it for you. You can ask @siand

1 Like

i feel like ive had quite some contribution to this. i again want to apologize, because i was way out of line calling you names.

4 Likes

Awe dont you even worry you’re pretty little mind !!! You had nothing to do with this trust me ! You are a good person :blush::heart:

3 Likes

Can I just ask, are you doing okay? If there’s something I can help with…
I know I haven’t talked with you really. Sorry.

1 Like

I’m never going to be okay. And there is nothing anyone can help me with. I’m sober and thats all that matters. I’m just very outspoken. It’s okay dont be sorry :heart: we have forever to talk

Not if you delete your profile. Did you just need to vent? Cause I get that. But I had to read your post first thing when I got on here and honestly I didn’t know what had happened and thought maybe something bad.

Its never goodbye, but see you later :heart:

you must have a lot of sobriety to have these opinions . maybe you should leave i, as you said " i just feel this app isn’t very genuine. " keep on trucking.

11 Likes