Adding more moderators

We currently have four moderators on the forum:
@SassyRocks
@C-sun
@Steve92
@NewPerspective

Life happens though, and they are free to spend as much time on here as they please. There is no compensation for them, so they do it simply because they want to. Currently we have a situation where @SassyRocks is handling most of the moderation on the forum. She’s doing an amazing job, but it’s not fair towards her. Besides that, new moderators would help improve the quality our community.

What moderators do:

• They evaluate flagged posts. They agree or disagree that a post is inappropriate when flagged.
  • They respond to direct messages from members who need assistance
  • They tidy up and organize the forum when they see it is needed
  • They provide advice and guidance to new members

They do not inspect every single post on the forum. This is not their responsibility (that would be way too much to do anyway). Instead they rely on community members to let them know when something is wrong. They then act like a sort of judge and provide a verdict, often after discussing the issue with other moderators.

If this is something that you’d like to do, reply here or send me a message. I’ll answer any questions that you might have.

Community moderator positions are now OPEN!

20 Likes

I nominate @siand @SoberWalker @SinceIAwoke @Eke and @DowntroddenGoat

I think they’d all be fair and representative

11 Likes

I agree but would also like to throw @anon12657779 ,s hat in to the ring. Whether he is willing to do it is another matter. And for egos sake I also nominate @Englishd :laughing::joy:

7 Likes

@KevinesKay @DungeonMaster would be good too

3 Likes

I’m up for it, although not sure how helpful I am in GMT timezone.

@CaptAZ said he would be happy to put himself forward too, I believe :blush:

18 Likes

I think that you would make a great mod. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for the nomination Darren. At this time, I choose to pass on that though.

My choices would definitely be @siand and @CaptAZ

9 Likes

Again the Time Zone issue here. But if there were more I may be up for it.

2 Likes

I still think @Englishd is the best choice.

5 Likes

I love all of these suggestions for mods! And @SassyRocks I just want to throw in that you have been a fantastic mod :heart:

12 Likes

F**k Brexit Tomi! :fist::rofl:

6 Likes

@Englishd for president! :joy::+1::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I like that. Won’t be long and it’ll be in the Oxford Dictionary. :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I think you would be great at it! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

@CaptAZ, @siand and @aircircle are my suggestions.

18 Likes

I deffo think @anon12657779 your always so welcoming to new comers and you always talk fairly and say it how it is @SassyRocks you are amazing how you keep up with it all and deal with some off the b.s that goes on I take my hat off to you .XX I hope this makes it alittle easier for you.x

5 Likes

My suggestions are @siand. @CaptAZ and @anon12657779.

5 Likes

I agree and think that is a good mix of good honest people who are all well respected around here. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

The main issue that has stood in the way of me being interested in the past has been that I don’t want to be the judge of what’s okay to say or not. I am very protective of people, but also highly reluctant to step on anyone’s expression of ideas, regardless of how distasteful I might find it. I very seldomly flag anything.

I would, however, be interested in helping out with the other tasks to decrease the moderation load for others. Responding to PMs requesting assistance. Tidying and organizing if needed. Providing guidance to new members. Explaining rules, giving verbal warnings or reminders, smoothing ruffled feathers, perhaps making diplomatic attempts to de-escalate conflicts that I see developing. Not so much reviewing flags or deciding to hand out consequences.

The long and short of it is that I don’t think I’m the best person for the job, but I do want to step up how I can when help is required.

I would like to see @CaptAZ, @siand, @anon12657779, @aircircle, @SinceIAwoke, @DowntroddenGoat, @Eke, though I think some of those may have stated non-interest. I know @SoberWalker has already done so, otherwise she’d be in the list too.

9 Likes

Alright alright @Englishd and I will be the new moderators. You can stop begging now.

10 Likes