Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

One member of this forum told me I have to change my downer attitude and he is right. I would like to learn how I can get a more positive thinking

1 Like

My is in levels were a bit low could that be due to my binge drinking sessions?

@RLOU this thread has loads of good info to get you started

@birdsoffreedom

1 Like

Thank you @SassyRocks I’m really getting into reading all the threads and taking mental notes. I downloaded an audio book called The Naked Mind by Annie Grace and honestly that is helping me so much. I realise it’s a lifestyle change and will take some time to adapt, but I’m determined.

2 Likes

It is an interesting book. I found it helpful. There is a lot of info here in all sorts of the threads. And it can keep you busy reading and investigating them.

1 Like

@Allysworkingonit this might be helpful for you

1 Like

@Ana546469 this might also help you.

Day 6 for me. I’ve tried stopping before on my own, only to relapse. this site is so helpful. I feel like I’m not alone. It’s been 4 years since drinking took over my life, and every day I’d pray that it would stop. I’v stopped thinking about the future and only worry about today.

3 Likes

That’s a very useful and helpful thread. Motivating as well. Thank you @Melrm for creating it.

2 Likes

I literally have that exact list and it has not failed me since I started!! Love this.

1 Like

On day 8 and almost blew it yesterday * I almost convinced myself to have one glass of wine and that’s it * but I didn’t * I don’t know what I want * to either quit altogether or try for control * BS * I know I don’t have control and continue to believe I do … oh well… one day at a time and let My Higher Powers take control of my will * thank you for letting me post here * have a blessed day everyone

6 Likes

Love this, thank you

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. I can’t tell you how much it helps. I’ve been without a drink for 60hours. That is the longest I have gone without drinking in a very long time. Even though it’s only been two days I feel very proud of myself. I feel like I can do it this time. This app is wonderful! I’m very grateful the universe put it in front of me.

The dreams are so vivid. I wake up every morning wondering if I actually drank. It literally takes me a few minutes to realize it was just a dream and then I’m immediately grateful and proud of myself that I made it another day.

Thank you :heart:

7 Likes

It’s a great thread, isn’t it @Sophie2019!? An oldie but a goodie and always relevant.

Congratulations on your decision to get sober and your 2 days sober. Every day counts! Keep reading and building your toolbox and sober muscles!

3 Likes

One of my favorite threads

2 Likes

How do I stop the crazy cycle of using and get my life back? I’m hurting everyone around me and bringing my husband and kids down with my constant back and forth irrational behaviors

1 Like

As the always brilliant @Yoda-Stevie says. You make the decision to be better and then do better.

There is tons of advice on here about how to get through the tough times but ultimately you have to decide that you will do it.

Have you made that decision? Wholeheartedly?

For example…I first joined TS about 2.5 years ago. But I relapsed a LOT for 2 years. As others would say, I still had some drinking to do. But finally, last November I said enough was enough. I was truly ready and I made the changes that were necessary. I did it the day before my birthday. I did it 4 weeks before Christmas. But I made it through them because I refused to allow excuses get in the way. I made the decision to be better and then did better.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

9 Likes

This is amazing advice. Thank you.

Bumping this up because there seems to be a lot of people who would benefit from it.

19 Likes

Well said Ariel! :tulip:

1 Like