ADVICE please Another failure after 2weeks

Like I said I fail every 2 weeks and once again halfway through say 15 I chose to use. Will I ever stop ? It’s up to me to do it in always so happy when I don’t use it’s not fun at all. I don’t t know why I choose to use! it’s ME MY FAULT what could I not be doing or what could I be doing wrong.

5 Likes

Have you tried a program…like AA, NA, SMART, ect?

2 Likes

Gotta do everything possible at your disposal! I agree with @Thirdmonkey, even if meetings aren’t your thing you’ll meet others in the same boat.
Edit: you have a wonderful family, David. Now I’m praying for you to get it this time. Don’t put anything in front of your loving wife and your kids, THAT’S what will push you past day 15 and on…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

Understand that every choice we make has consequences, good or bad. Weigh the out come of that choice…do you want to feel bad and deal with the bad outcome or do you want feel good about the choice you make knowing that the outcome will be good and give you peace of mind

1 Like

What does your support look like? It’s hard in the beginning. Hang in there.

we’ve all been there mate, Can’t live with it can’t live without it, eventually we get sick and tired of being sick and tired or we die. Now there’s a choice.

1 Like

Relapse is a choice. For me, it took hindsight to figure that out. There came a day where the choice was: keep drinking and litterally kill myself, dont drink and live. In the moment that choice was hard, full of fear, and a complete sense of loss.

Once I made the choice that I would not drink, for absolutely anything, life slowly got better.

2 Likes

You have to put sobriety first so that everything you love in life doesn’t come last. Maybe it’s time you consider working a program whether it’s intensive out patient, AA, NA or anything else. Here’s a link for resources:
Resources for our recovery

1 Like

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH you are all so helpful!!
I didn’t realize how much of a help this could be CLEARLY. Now I see and will reach out daily you are all GREAT THANKS A MILLION. I WILM PUSH HARD AND NIT GIVE UP. DEATH IS NOT WHAT I WANT I WILL FIGHT TO CONQUER MY GOAK A DAY AT A TIME. TD HE ANK AL LOL M UH FRIENDS!!!