Advice/Tips/Suggestion Required for Self Motivation

Hi Everyone!
Yes I am new to this group but very old in my addition (10 Years).

I never tried it or thought of sobriety, but this time I am serious and I want my old life back.

I am almost about to achieve my 3months milestone.

Can anyone help me with good self help book?
Or
Any tips/advice/suggestion to keep myself motivated?

3 Likes

Hi Meher! Welcome and congratulations on those three months!

If you have a look at this thread there are lots of links to helpful resources.

What is it you’re sober from? E.g. alcohol and/ or other substances?

1 Like

First of all thanks for the reply.

Of course, I will go through the tread and will look after the links.

My substance was Heroine.

1 Like

You might find a lot of the stuff is more focused on alcohol, however there will be some things that are useful! There are a number of people here who are sober from heroin as well as other opiods. If you use the search bar :mag: you might find some more helpful info. I have also added a tag to your post to make it easier for others to find it and offer advice :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the additional tag😇

Maybe I don’t get any useful tips (As you mentioned most of the members were into alcohol) but it seems here I can learn a lot from different people sharing their experience of recovery.

There is a line that says “Have Faith in God & He will show you the Path”

Very happy to find this platform as one of my paths to my sobriety.

I hope you can! Of course there are some aspects of recovery that are specific to particular substances or behaviours, but over the last few years I have learned a lot from people with a variety of addictions. Most of us go down that path because we are trying to get away from something, so a big part of recovery is learning to make peace with ourselves and live a full and happy life, substance free!