Aeiouy reflection

Some of u who have read Brene Brown may know / do this already, but she mentions a acronym to aid self reflection
A - was I Abstinent
E - did I Exercise
I - did I do something for myself
O - did I do something for Others
U - do I have Unexpressed feelings
Y - Yay! Explain something good that happened

My yesterday
A - yes for alcohol, no for binge eating
E - sort of, didn’t take the bicycle, walked to the shop
I - studied Japanese a little
O - took the kids to their skate class and watched them
U - unfortunately, some niggling issues with my husband continue to be unspoken
Y - another lady at the skate class asked for my number, nice to make a friend

10 Likes

I like this! I’ll try - for today

A - yes! no alcohol
E - yup. a walk but it was shorter than planned. cold!
I - dishes? lol. I actually took a bath at lunch time to de-stress. The benefits of working from home!
O - I think so. I listened on the phone when one of my colleagues needed to vent.
U - yeah, about Mom’s health. Sibling stuff too. But I have a counselling session next week and a double-wide box of kleenex. :wink:
Y - bye bye trump! yay! You made a bad neighbour! :canada: :orange_heart:

Edit: this has me thinking about tomorrow now!

4 Likes

A - Alcohol and Nicotine
E - Took a walk with the dog
I - Took a walk with the dog
O - I work in a Senior Care & Rehab Center
U - Frustration at work, with Administration
Y - Dinner with the wife and cuddling with her and the dog to end the day.

3 Likes

A - was I Abstinant. Yes
E - did I Exercise. Yes, i exercised my right to abstinence
I - did I do something for myself. Yes. I was abstinent
O - did I do something for Others. Yes. I was abstinent
U - do I have Unexpressed feelings. Yes. Shit yeah! I was abstinent!
Y - Yay! Explain something good that happened. I was abstinent

7 Likes

Oh @AyBee so obstinate. But can’t really argue, either.

A: yes
E: not really
I: yeah I wrote some things down and watched an inauguration that brought me to tears, didn’t know I had that deep of emotion about it till it came out
O: yes, supported some friends and my husband
U: Everyday, but I try to share them more. Today was about being scared.
Y: I listened to music with my husband before bedtime and we told some happy memories together.

4 Likes

Ah this is brilliant. I am yet to read anything by Brene Brown but she sounds brilliant.

3 Likes

a - yes - alcohol, food - ?
e - nope
i - went to a pd workshop
o - cooked dinner, took my daughter back and forth to her friend’s house about 3 chuffing times
u - always,
y - I suppose the pd workshop. although it made me feel inadequate and very mumsy compared to the full-time guys that work there, I got out and did something

1 Like

Gotta admit, she’s pretty great and m’thinks right up your alley.

1 Like

Congrats on the A+! (I’m a teacher, hardly ever give those out, unless the student really has gone above and beyond)

1 Like

Today?

A - Abstinent? yep.
E - Exercise? yoga today, after a snow hike yesterday - sore hips and hammies.
I - Something for myself? cracking the spine on some new fiction tonight, and made salmon for dinner. yummm.
O - Something for others? a good long phone chat with a pal who is stressed, but all i did was listen… Yesterday though? I did something I’m really proud of. It’s not such a great thing, but more not choosing the easy-way-out-asshole-move. All I did was backtrack through the supermarket aisles to return some crackers, instead of leaving them in the wrong place when I changed my mind. Practically gave myself a humanitarian award. New year, new habits!
U - Unexpressed feelings? you know, I don’t think so. I’m feeling pretty in touch with 'em all right now…
Y - Yay! my mom got a new phone. It might make it a lot easier for her to be able to call me. :relieved:

Yessssss!!!
But you know [now that my fist pumping has stopped and I’m trying to assume a breezier nonchalance…] I’m not at all surprised… :wink:

1 Like