Breath - 30 Day Yoga Journey (Yoga With Adriene)

Day 20, control :heavy_check_mark:

How you move matters

I have not been showing up in a way I am proud of in my relationship recently. Acting from a place of hurt, sadness and frustration. Struggling to tap into anything else at the moment.

Hmmph. But I showed up to practice so that’s something.

4 Likes

Just finished day 11. Really loved it today, felt strong and full of energy :star_struck::star_struck:
Poses are getting easier and now I have flat feet when doing downward facing dog, rather than being on my tip toes :grin: (although still not quite sure why its classed as a resting pose :thinking: still feels kind of hard :rofl:)

2 Likes

Day 21 - renew :heavy_check_mark:

Revisiting the reasons for being on this journey… Makes me think about more than yoga to be honest, as always!

Anyway, my motivation for bringing yoga back into my routine is to cultivate strength and compassion. I think she said something about acceptance and awareness? That too!

4 Likes

Finished day 12 today.
Man I was one shakey ‘tree’ but managed to keep my balance throughout so was happy about that

3 Likes

I am so grateful to be in a position where I can practice every day. I hope you can find that too! :pray::sparkling_heart:

Day 22 - dedicate :heavy_check_mark:

Find your breath, find yourself

It’s that basic principle of mindfulness that is so simple but really quite difficult to put into practice.

Daily yoga is definitely the I in my AEIOUY reflection first and foremost, as well as being the E and helping lay the foundations for O and U too.

Something I have been doing on this round of yoga practice, that I started in December, is choosing not to take the more advanced options of poses. So keeping the back knee down etc. I have a strong tendency to try and run before I can walk, a desire to ‘achieve’. A lot of this is tied up in people pleasing but I am not trying to please anyone here. Letting go of those expectations of myself and the pressure to achieve any outcome other than to show up.

4 Likes

Daaaay 13 done and dusted :star_struck::star_struck: feel quite tired after a long walk this morning but glad I got it done. Lots of spine clicking going on today which felt good.

3 Likes

Day 24 - rejuvenate :heavy_check_mark:

I am strong

Was wondering when the side planks would turn up!

Really am feeling rejuvenated by this yoga series, and motivated to continue after it’s finished.

3 Likes

Day 14 complete.

Glad today’s was quiet easy. Feel tired and a bit meh… but got it done and feel better for it.

3 Likes

I’m going to continue on after the 30 days too.
I’m really enjoying it over all and always feel so much better after I’ve finished a session.

Where to go after this though?? :thinking:

2 Likes

What is the most beautiful yoga journal? I am curious :blush::pray:

She has a huge back catalogue of videos and she usually puts monthly playlists together with them, plus some new content.

Of course other online yoga people are available!

Recommendations I have had include Tim, Kassandra (yin) and Leslie Fightmaster. Lots of links etc in the yoga group chat, I guess we will go back there once Breath is done!

3 Likes

Day 25 - love :heavy_check_mark:

Got a bit lost in thought and felt generally a bit off with this one. Always find the idea of love a bit difficult to connect with, it hits a nerve I guess. Anyway, another day done! Not too intense and some nice hip stretches in there.

3 Likes

Finished day 15 this morning. Found the half moon poses quite difficult and was frustrated with it at first but decided to dig deep when we swapped sides and completed it.
Really not feeling too great today, physically I’m fine but mentally I’m all cloudy and meh.
Suppose I still did it so theres that.

4 Likes

Day 26 - expand :heavy_check_mark:

You can do this, you are doing it!

Short and sweet today. Puppy climbed on my back while in sphinx pose and stayed there for the forearm plank :joy: she didn’t stay on for the hip dips though.

3 Likes

Day 16 complete. Easy breezy.
Feel much better today but who knows what tomorrow will bring :rofl: just trying to take things one day at a time, but feeling good today so will make the most of it!
Looking forward to tomorrow’s session, quite a long one titled “happiness boost” so that should be fun.

2 Likes

Ahh it is so nice when you get to practice after your body is telling you it’s what you need :hugs::sparkling_heart:

Day 27 - heal :heavy_check_mark:

I am worthy

Another slow and gentle one with some nice twists and hip stretches, plus lots of breathwork.

2 Likes

Day 17 done. Really lovely one today and my balance is getting much better.

2 Likes

Day 24 & 25 today.
I feel so good wrapping up January, and I’m always grateful for YWA 30 day January journeys.
What a wonderful way to start the year. :hugs:

1 Like