Alcohol free beer - yes or no?

That is true. NA beers and wines do NOT taste great. I’ve gotten used to the wines but I know they don’t taste like the real stuff. One almost tastes like Welches. LOL

1 Like

Lol it probably is with a bigger price tag.

Difficult question. I can only speak for me and I’m okay with NA beer. We have 2 brands that make beer with exactly 0,0% alcohol, and I like the taste. But true, it could trigger you. If you are not sure with it then better don’t drink it :wink:

1 Like

I quit drinking real beer 29 days ago. I simply replaced it with N/A. It tastes the same (enough) and satisfies the psychologic aspect. I drink a couple after work and I can’t imagine having quit without this alternative. This is my experience. 29 DAYS y’all!!! Good luck!

9 Likes

Just try it, that’s the only way you will know if it’s for you. The only NA beer I’ve seen in my town is made by Busch, so F that, I ain’t drinking piss if there’s no buzz. I did have a bourbon flavored cola once, it didn’t leave me craving anything, but everyone will react differently.

2 Likes

Non-alcoholic beverages are for non-alcoholics.

YouTube/google search:

Joe Charlie AA Allergy

Its free and they do a great job of explaining the Alcoholic Allergy Trigger.

3 Likes

I have never had a non-alcoholic “alcoholic” beverage that didn’t taste like horse urine. So there is that. (Come to think about it, most alcoholic beverages tasted like horse urine or death, but anyways). In my head for me, it is about trying to cling to a life that I said I no longer wanted.

You know, kind of like when you turn down the lights, pull out the picture albums, and then break out the Ryan Adams vinyl albums while reminiscing about an old ex-girlfriend that life took from you?

That life is gone and to me, I can’t be one foot in the past and move forward. I need to be in the now.

5 Likes

I would say a bad thing but thats just me

Well said @DowntroddenGoat! I’ve not tried NA beer or wine. I was a wine person. I never really did the bar thing so I don’t have that trigger. But even if it tastes like piss, I’m pretty sure I shouldn’t even try it. Bad karma for me.

Not good. There is alcohol in it. Who knows if it is enough to trigger you. I wouldn’t want to risk finding out!

No, definitely not. My golden rule is: if I have to question if it will put my sobriety at risk, it’s an automatic no. Period.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

3 Likes

LOL…did you drink a lot of horse urine for comparison?

(I am just kidding. It isn’t my intention to sound like a snarky b!tch. I used to have the same question for people who told me that rice cakes taste like styrofoam)

1 Like

What non alcoholic wine do you refer to?

Wait? Packing peanuts with a little sriracha are quite the delicacy!

1 Like

This is a great question and a lot of people will have different answers. Ultimately it is up to you.

For me, I’d rather drink sparkling fruit juice or kombucha. (Kombucha is also another drink that some people disagree with!)

1 Like

I like the Sainsbury red one, the white is ok but sweet. They do a good low alcohol beer too.

1 Like

Thanks, never heard of it in the States. I miss Chardonnay, but I love sobriety more :wink:

2 Likes

Personally, not that my opinion is worth anything, but I like the NA beers, and I find that if you buy good ones, the taste is very much like any other beer.
Here in Europe (and while I was in Japan), I found some excellent-tasting NA beers, and the ones in Japan (and one of the ones that I’ve found here in CH) weren’t low-alcohol beers, but rather NO alcohol as clearly indicated in bold lettering right on the can. It’s pretty clear when it says 0.0% alcohol, I think.
Anyway, I like having one with my lunch, but most evenings, it’s herbal tea or water with lemon, or some soft drinks, I suppose.
I’m not familiar with your NA wines in the UK, so I can’t venture an opinion.
In short, as others have said, I think that people should do what works for them… I’m on 107 days, and I like my NA beer…

3 Likes

Which NA beers do you like? :slight_smile:

We have a couple that I’ve found (so far) here in Switzerland…
Feldschlossen (easier to find in restaurants, etc.) is a 0.5% max. beer, whereas Farmer is alcohol-free.
While in Japan, almost all of the breweries have a NA product, and they were all good.
In Canada, I seem to recall that the Grolsch ones were good too, and there are a couple of other ones, though the names escape me.