Alcohol free Lent Challenge

When i started dry january the first three/four weeks were the most difficult. Once i had the 30 day milestone i got dramatically easier. That is the reason why i decided to go on. Now i almost have the 90 day milestone :+1::muscle:

3 Likes

Way to go!!! I find good sleep a great motivation! How I am loving my sleep at the moment, it’s like a brand new love affair - with more sleep :joy:

1 Like

Happy Friday.
Im feeling blessed today. And that’s because of TS. I told my partner about this- and all of the amazing, smart, friendly, determined, strong and brave people on here, so he joined and said the first post he read it was spot on to how I described it. It’s honestly like a different world… out of all the social media sites or websites out there- i have never seen more truth and caring as I see here. Gives me so much hope for our world knowing there is people like all of you out there. :purple_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::blue_heart:

4 Likes

Day 26! Had 2 days digital detox as well as a minor blip, but not enough to reset to day 1! Happy Mother’s Day out there!

1 Like

Hope everyone is doing well💓

1 Like

Morning all! A very rainy Tuesday here!

I love a good rain storm in the spring :slight_smile:

I can relate: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like “victory”.

2 Likes

Some rain and thunder showers projected for good ol’ Minnesnowta this weekend!
Also, day 30 for me:) have a great weekend everyone

Hope everyone has been well here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello all! Been away for a week and had no WiFi. Just checking in :slight_smile:

Warning. I did that last year. Afterwards i started drinking again like never b4 until july 30th. If you crank it back up again after Lent, i predict it will not go well.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that your personal experience ended that way. My plan is to keep this stride going and just take a day at a time.

1 Like

I have a friend who was inspired to try Lent by myself going sober. I saw him Friday and he has learnt and gained so much he is carrying on.

1 Like

Morning all! Wishing you a very happy Sunday!

1 Like

Lent is coming to the end. What is the plan on moving forward? Staying sober or falling back?

Staying sober! Taking a day at a time, checking in here & reminding myself every morning/day/night on how great it is to be sober. And how far I’ve come in these 46 days so far. :hugs:
Happy Easter to you and everyone here.

6 Likes

Well Done! Good decision.

1 Like

Happy Rebirthday, y’all. Whatever your HP.

I’m not particularly Catholic, but the upbringing is in me. Lent/Easter in particular clung to me as a tradition.

To me, a time of mindful sacrifice and change to perfect our relationship with something greater. To reflect on, live, then celebrate an example of difficult acceptance. That an example of suffering has been made known to us so that we need no longer suffer ourselves.

I don’t pretend to have a perfect understanding of it. Still, it has more depth than usual this year.

For many years Lent was a period of fleeting sobriety. This year I walked into Lent with some months sober behind me. And this year the hard-wrought lesson it’s one to carry throughout my daily life.

4 Likes

Hi @Hutz havent seen you for a while. Are you still trying to stay sober?