Alcoholic fisherman in recovery

Where I can find those live streams? Seems fascinating.

1 Like

@MrMoustache his videos are on YouTube under Fish Tough! I linked one of his short videos.

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I have been meaning to reply. I have been so busy this week!

I appreciate you. Its been an awesome ride!

I Appreciate you! You help remind me that this recovery thing works if you work it. You are proof of that and it been awesome to see you grow!

I think our recovery paths have been similar. Huge successes in our first couple of years, now learning how to deal with everything that comes with it. That can feel overwhelming.
I have a bad habit of dragging past experiences into the present. I am aware that I do this and I work really hard on not letting the past ruin the present.
It still gets me. It also protects me too. Im a work in progress. Much Love back at ya!

3farms? Im pretty sure that was you the other day. It was after this was posted. You made my day! The livestream is gaining momentum. Its getting really fun and im getting better at them. Im getting regulars and they are becoming friends which is really cool. I got mics for phil and I. Phil is so soft spoken, I can never hear him, now chat can hear him better that I can. I appreciate you Aybee!

I will be live streaming on Tuesday and Wed for our halibut trip.unless we catch the 1000 pounds we are after on Tuesday.

We have had some nice weather and I have been working a lot. I feel Much better. Like I’m back on the gratitude side of the fence. When life gets hard, it becomes harder to remember how grateful I am.

Three local fisherman went off the road at high speed, most likely because they were drinking and the driver does drugs. All three of them were killed. I didn’t like the driver, he was a thieving tweaker. I’m sad about his death. Its a good example of dishonorable death. He will always be remembered as a thieving tweaker. It makes me grateful I wont be remembered as a worthless drunk if I stay sober. He left 3 kids and a wife. One I didnt know, but he was young. 20 years old, and one was a friend who had slowed down of his drinking but never able to quit 100 percent. I had seen him a few days before the crash and he told me he was proud of me for changing my ways, He left behind a wife and 3 kids.

I have jumped into a vehicle with loaded driver hundreds of times. I’ve been the loaded driver.
Im am fortunate. Im not going back.

20 Likes

Ayyyyy :slightly_smiling_face: That was me, mate.
The effort you put in to live streaming makes for great viewing, and many more than me think so too. Always great when you’re on the bite, but even the slow times and the travel between spots is cool.
:fishing_pole_and_fish:

6 Likes