Alls well that ends well

Every day I live and learn and today I see the results of working a program. Boss did what bosses do and spoil the day but for once I stayed calm, acted polite, did not presume to know the whole conversation and start making stories up in my head. Yes inside I was bothered so did a spot check of what part I played in all this and instead of putting the blame and resentment on others I took a bit of responsibility. Then did a good deed that the person does not even know about to add some positive vibes to the day.And I’m sober.
Alls well that ends well.

47 Likes

Good job Paul! My boss pissed me off today too. You handled that very well. :clap:t3:

2 Likes

Wait… Don’t you own your own business?
So you are your own boss?
You cross at yourself for pissing yourself off?

4 Likes

The bit about presuming to know a whole conversation and making up stories in my head is something I’m trying hard to change. I do it a lot and cause myself to feel resentment and anxiety most times unnecessarily. I’ve been working on this a lot :+1:

7 Likes

On the outside :grin:At least that way it didn’t make things worse :+1:

3 Likes

Glad you are well and sober. I smile every time I see you here. :grin:

1 Like

Well just as well bc this is my new nightly journal bc I didn’t want to carry last years 150 relapses over into this year so clean slate and if it’s gods will it’ll stay that way. :grin:

11 Likes

alright lara? :joy:

3 Likes

Ah! Lots of smiling coming up then, a positive thing!!

2 Likes

Brilliant stuff!

1 Like

Holey moley, 10 hour shift, car breaks down, could end up in £8000 worth of debt and literally have not stopped all day. Work was good, busy is better than bored and it’s only money, we can’t take it with us and it had no value whilst wasting it on drugs and booze. Today I have stayed sober :grin:

13 Likes

I do a nightly inventory of my day before I go to sleep and today I gotta be pretty dam close to the perfect day. I’m so busy at the moment I’m not sure where I used to find the time to drink, that’s a lie I drank while I did everything. In the past though a good day would be more dangerous and I would find the need to put a cherry on top. Not now though or at least not today. So today I am sober.

8 Likes

I’ve also started to analyze my problems instead of presuming a bunch of crap. I’m looking inward more this time than in the past. That’s a good thing I think. Glad your sober today and here’s to a sober tomorrow

3 Likes

4 Likes

A couple of things have happened in the last couple of days one extremely expensive and one a token gesture, both of these had the same effect and make people smile. This has taught me its not the size of the act but the fact we do selfless things at all. Every day we can do things for others and it doesn’t matter what it is as long as somebody smiles. Remember though happiness is only a fleeting emotion and soon forgotten so we need to continue to be kind on a daily basis. On top of all that I stayed sober today.

9 Likes

Smiling face for sure. Thank you Paul for your kind heart :blush:

I’m like a dog tied to a post with a piece of rope, I have a program which makes my daily routine the same and if I’m good and don’t make a fuss I will get a reward at the end of it. I’m not trapped bc I’m not stupid, I could chew through that rope any time I want and I would be free to run riot but what I would run to is far from what I would call freedom. This is all done with guidance and suggestion bc if that rope was a chain and I was made to feel that I didn’t have the power to make that choice to be happy with my lot, it’s not a lot but I’m happy with it, then I would fight it every day kicking and screaming. Every day of sobriety means my rope gets a little bit longer and I can explore a bit more of life at a steady pace. The other end of my rope is not connected to a post it’s being held by AA and My higher power. If you want what I have hold on to your rope and never let go, surrender and accept your lot in life.
Today I have stayed sober,

11 Likes

Nice analogy Paul :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

I’m over here now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m sleep walking :rofl:

2 Likes