Alls well that ends well

and talking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Does this mean I can spam your old thread with memes, just to get it to 2500 and closed?

3 Likes

yeah knock yourself out :+1:who doesnā€™t like pictures.

1 Like

Even what some people would class boring days to me are days to relax and take some well earned time out from work, these days never existed before. The plan would be set the day before ,1-Make sure to buy enough alcohol for today and enough left over so I donā€™t have to leave the house the next day, 2-Make sure drugs were in supply to also last 2 days, 3-attempt to pace myself bc this might not all last the evening and I need some left for breakfast at least, 4-Sit up until some stupid hour on the xbox while partner goes to bed, 5-bring loads of beer and food into the living room so I donā€™t have to move, 7-Smoke all the weed, finish all the beer go to bed and know I can lay in all morning and not worry about it.
MORNING - Up early with no lay in, feel like shit but now gotta go to the shop and top up again. Feel shame bc Iā€™m the only one buying enough alcohol for a small party at 9am, maybe even comment about having friends over in case anyone even gave a shit.
Repeat previous days wonderful activities and next day go back to work lifeless, anxious, tired, resentful that work is interrupting my desire to do it all again.
Yes a boring day now is time to reflect and wonder how an obsession of the mind can disappear and the freedom of choice is a blessing and a miracle.
Today I am sober.
Alls well that ends well.

12 Likes

Hoping to get some sleep soon but twice today the dog has been looking up the stairs barking at our friendly ghost, at one point the poor thing even jumped and ran into the living room to sit with me so I hope he doesnā€™t see anything tonight or the stairs start creeking again like earlier. I couldnā€™t see anything but animals sense this kind of thing.
Anyway thatā€™s 111 days sober and Alls well that ends well.

7 Likes

I want to experience a ghost so bad. That must be really creepy in a fun kind of way. Iā€™d probably scream like I do at haunted houses. I donā€™t know why I find fun in getting scared. I think itā€™s the natural high it gives me. :joy:

2 Likes

itā€™s not even an old old house with a strange past and when I was younger the land was a tractor shop, Iā€™ve tried researching before that but no success online, I think I would need to go to the library. But there must be two because previous owners have seen a man in the hallway and my step daughter and dog have seen him on the stairs, well I donā€™t actually know what the dog saw :rofl::rofl::rofl:, but a medium says itā€™s a little boy who is moving things about. Anyway I hope your doing OK at the moment, knowing you youā€™ve got some kind of drama going on. You always stay sober though so your an incredible person bc Iā€™m not sure I would.

4 Likes

10 hour shift and itā€™s almost a pleasure, in the past that would have been 10 hours of hating the world and everyone in it. 10 hours of why me, 4 hours in would probably be having some kind of panic attack while the alcohol sweats out of my body from the day before. Thinking all day how can I get out of this.
Today though its all calm living life on lifeā€™s terms taking my luck as it comes and fitting myself to it, doing things I donā€™t want to do and not showing anyone Iā€™m upset even if I am. So with the help of a daily plan today I am 112 days sober.

7 Likes

10d50161e4378663c6079a2eb7960760e47d3e1db18722619eb775cbbc815a97.0
:hugs:

3 Likes

Maybe the owner of the tractor shop used his machinery to bury a little boy there and your place was built on top of his grave site. My imagination is working overtime. If you ever find out more, you better tell me. :joy:

My life is chaos as usual. A pipe broke and flooded my first floor and my furnace broke. Now I got cold water everywhere and no heat. Ugh!! Never a dull moment.

5 Likes

Do you ever just want to stop the world and get off for a few minutes.

1 Like

YES!!! Now would be a good time to get off.

2 Likes

Life is still full of dick heads when your sober
life is still full of meaningless bullshit problems when your sober.
But I know my place and I know my worth, I cannot control the actions of others all I can do is ride the wave and get through the storm.
So Iā€™m sober today and about 90% less anxious than I used to be when my day didnā€™t do what I thought it should.
Alls well that ends well

5 Likes

Thank god for online meetings when your sat at home on your own all day, not bc I wanted to drink but itā€™s better than talking to the dog. When itā€™s about a subject I have a lot of experience in I could talk for a week.
So long boring day, bit of worry and resentment normally would drink just for something to do but today I am sober 114.

6 Likes

I had the same thing creep up on me a little on my day off. Shook it off and moved on. Little buggers, lol

1 Like

New name new look, are you having a mid life crisis :joy:

Have been for awhile now, :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

couldnā€™t be bothered today with work and work colleagues, predicted a shit day but didnā€™t happen. Even with a daily plan and a program for a serene life sometimes itā€™s still hard to shake off some shitty thoughts and feelings but I will not rise to it like I used to. I do pray during the day even if Iā€™m not sure it helps but it always helps.
Lots to feel sad about today and loads to be grateful for.
Today I am 3 months 24 days sober.

4 Likes

Had a heavy drink dream woke up and I realised it wasnā€™t a dream and couldnā€™t figure out what had happened the day before, then I woke up again and realised it was both all a dream but still couldnā€™t figure out what was going on.
Anyway I am sober today,

6 Likes

What do you do when you want to stay sober? Everything for everyone else.
words save lives even if you donā€™t think youā€™ve got anything worth saying.
Today I go to bed sober - Alls well that ends well.

6 Likes