Alls well that ends well

Totally in love with sobriety today, listening to others passion in meetings from where they were to where they are now. As individuals we hold so much power to shape our lives if we choose to do so and yet some of us still turn away from people and opportunities that could only help us. @lawrun I hope you got something out of that tonight if only to see what joy you will find in your sobriety.
Tonight I go to bed sober and whatever has happened today is gone and irrelevant bc tommorow we get to be even better than today.
Alls well that ends well.

5 Likes

I did, thank you very much for the invite. <3

1 Like

Today Iā€™m sober bc Iā€™m a living and breathing clichĆ© of recovery, all that shit that people tell you to do bc it works, I do. Guess what? it works.
Tonight I go to bed sober
Alls well that ends well. :pray:

4 Likes

Once we come to understand that the problem isnā€™t the drug its us surely external things must begin to lose their power bc we are going to constantly be looking inwards and seeking the solution there instead of running or hiding. Today was a good day at work bc thatā€™s what I decided it was going to be, made some afternoon cheese scones for the office as a little surprise, if Iā€™m going to have a good day it seems a waste of time if I canā€™t share it.
Tonight I go to bed sober
Alls well that ends well

3 Likes

You can send some of those to me for my birthday!
:face_with_hand_over_mouth::partying_face:

1 Like

Way to go!

1 Like

fear inventory day, have you ever stopped to think of all the things in life and death that you fear, we fear the known and we fear the unknown. How can a person fear the unknown? Are we presuming to know what we do not know?
I fear never finding myself and losing God if I ever pick up again, this I know will happen.
Tonight I go to bed sober though so Alls well that ends well.

4 Likes

Since most of us are born with an abundance of natural desires, it isnā€™t strange that we often let these far exceed their intended purpose. When they drive us blindly, or we willfully demand that they supply us with more satisfactions or pleasures than are possible or due us, that is the point at which we depart from the degree of perfection that God wishes for us here on earth. That is the measure of our character defects, or, if you wish, of our sins. If we ask, God will certainly forgive our derelictions. But in no case does He render us white as snow and keep us that way without our cooperation. That is something we are supposed to be willing to work toward ourselves. He asks only that we try as best we know how to make progress in the building of character.
From the 12 and 12 :Today I did all I could do and am going to bed sober, Alls well that ends well.

3 Likes

And tonight I go to bed with the mental obsession removed, I still have a physical allergy though and thatā€™s what keeps me sober. People say a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing but if all I ever learn is that I am powerless over alcohol then on this day, today, its all I need to know.

2 Likes

Thank god for bed time bc with this lockdown somedays it the only thing to look forward to.
Like most jobs mine is a pain in the arse at times but Iā€™m so grateful Iā€™ve still got one just so I can get out of the house.
So Iā€™ll call today very relaxing and I know in the past I would be freaking out if I thought for one minute I would have to spend the day indoors with no weed or alcohol.

4 Likes

This is so much easier to say than do, itā€™s so inbred into out human nature to take offence but I have to say with the continuous practice of a daily program and my trust in a god that I know will get me through anything then what other people say or do is getting less of a trauma.
Tonight I go to bed sober again so Alls well that ends wellā€¦

3 Likes

Resentments have been the hardest by far for me. I have faith that eventually Iā€™ll get there.

2 Likes

It is definitely a tough one but as you say. Itā€™s a constant learning curve and an important one :+1:

2 Likes

couldnā€™t finish my shift today as I feel ill but sat in meetings all afternoon and evening. Its wonderful to be apart of something so big with so many wonderful people, it doesnā€™t matter if you donā€™t want to drink today but just to be with other people that know, that have a spiritual bond and can make each other feel proud of what we can achieve with a little bit of effort and a daily prayer or two.
So I might be ill but Iā€™m sober today and feeling 100% better than I could have been feeling.

3 Likes

Lovely and uplifting thread, Paul :slight_smile::pray: so glad youā€™re here and sharing your journey, itā€™s really helpful and appreciated. You have so much strength and courage, I admire this, and your resilience.
From your posts, I take away this: a program works if you work it. Seems youā€™ve cracked the code :muscle:
All is well.
Sober life = our best life :blush:

3 Likes

thanks :grin: and yes, first I work a program and now the program works me. Tried everything my way and failed everytime so everyone else can take it or leave it I donā€™t care but AA, big book and a sponsor is my last hope.
If I fail now Iā€™m literally fucked. :roll_eyes::woozy_face::grin:

3 Likes

man flu or covid and thank god I donā€™t drink anymore or I would be feeling even worse. Could never take tablets before and if I ever went to the doctors and was given medication if It didnā€™t go with alcohol I wouldnā€™t take it anyway.
Going to bed sober again so Alls well that ends well.

2 Likes

when you got nothing to say, donā€™t say shit,

Going to bed sober so Alls well that ends well.

3 Likes

Itā€™s very easy to Bury our heads in the sand and hope the problems go away and I guess thatā€™s what the purpose of our drink and drugs were many times, oh I canā€™t be bothered right now so Iā€™ll get wasted and worry about it later. The thing Iā€™ve learnt today is why worry about it at all, deal with things as they come along, the more you fight the fear of could beā€™s and what ifs the easier the day becomes. Today I had to have conversations I didnā€™t want but when I did the results were better than I imagined them to be so next time Iā€™ll be quicker to react and save myself a little bit less worry than normal.
Tonight I go to bed sober so Alls well that ends well.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve had the most amazing 24 hours of my life @Dazercat Thank you, I also got a message from my daughter saying she forgives me for not being in her life for 20 years and thank you for contacting her every morning and every evening now, I told her I love her and she has never heard that. I was also in a meeting and got asked to do a main share at the end of the month, Iā€™ve never done one and normally sit on zoom with my camera off, so to gate crash a meeting Iā€™ve never been seen on or heard actually bc Iā€™ve only been once and suddenly talk about my experience strength and hope is scary but so exciting bc no matter what happens it will be the will of my Higher Power. All I had to do to be treated this way was donā€™t pick up a drink today.
So Iā€™m going to go to bed sober again today and Alls well that ends well.

7 Likes