Almost 6 months and feeling terrible

Your not alone brother, 132 days in and ironically im feeling that way today, but I know I want better for myself…I agree with these guys on the thread were in this together most of them have encouraged me and I come here as much as possible for inspiration from you guys! You got this man, keep pushing!

2 Likes

That’s great man, little better is always better than anything.

@anon12657779 thank you, it’s just that healing process takes so long and can’t understand why it’s getting worse instead of better

@Detroitslim sorry you are feeling like that today, can you describe exactly what is wrong and how are you dealing with it?

1 Like

Yeah. I know right.
It got so much easier for me when I accepted that things were going to happen and I was just along for the ride.

2 Likes

@Kuba my anxiety come from negative thinking, therefore time to time I feel as though everyone is out to get me, but now when I feel overwhelmed I stop slow down breathe and access the situation and realize there is no way possible everyone has it out for me people have there own issues, its just my insecurities, I used yo remove myself from situations at first, but now I make myself stay and be uncomfortable and it actually work because it decrease the anxiety I f your in a similar situation…but its to bad take a walk, listen to music try to get back centered. Hope this help bro

3 Likes

Hi @Jennajen, I’m doing better for sure, thank you for asking. Still have some scary moments but they go away. For now I just waited it out, I think I had a wave of really bad chemical imbalance or maybe I have some underlying health issue and it flares up, planning to go to a doctor but it’s also on my lack of motivation to do stuff list. How are you holding up?

2 Likes

Hey there, I would definitely see a doctor and get some bloodwork done. Your drinking may have been hiding a vitamin deficiency or something of the like. One of the times I got sober, actually when I first joined this forum, I experienced something very similar. I had really bad vertigo as well. I had some deficiencies causing the issues. I hope you feel better soon. Nothing worse than being sober and not being able to enjoy the physical benefits :hugs:

3 Likes

I am not drinking, that’s how I maintain my sobriety.

Me, too, friend. Sobriety works better if you don’t drink.

2 Likes

Thank you, I hope it’s just some deficiencies and healing process still going, it’s just weird it got worse over the time I mean it’s been six months. Anyway how’s y’all weekend going? @dalex77 how are you doing today brother?

1 Like

Yep, same here. Kept getting worse. I remember posting here everyday saying how miserable I was. People kept saying PAWS, but it just didn’t make sense. I hope you are able to get to the doc soon. You deserve to feel great. Sobriety is such a freaking gift!!!

Great weekend here, thanks :hugs:

1 Like

@Kuba, @Girlinterrupted guys, please, it can take up to to years for us to feel anything like “normal” again. And I use the term normal lightly because what is normal?
Everyone is different.
Live well.
Eat well.
Drink well.
And go with whatever life brings up happy in the knowledge that we are looking for progress not perfection.

4 Likes

This! and also I feel youse should start to acknowledge your mental/emotional reality and give credence to the fact that unhappiness and unwellness inside of youse making itself heard through your physical states. That’s what happens once you take the drugs away you used to suppress your emotions. Healing is not just physical and the job of the gp to externally fix us back up with some vitamin shots. Youse need to start to take care of yourselves and your needs, realities, feelings.

2 Likes

I’m fine this time around, but found out I had a deficiency that caused permanent nerve damage 2 years ago. So I think it’s always good to get checked just in case. My alcoholism was hiding the symptoms as I assumed they were from drinking.

3 Likes

You are correct Beth. It’s always best to see a doctor, telling them every thing. That way we can get the right help we need.
Otherwise we are just floundering in the dark.

1 Like

Word! :grin:
10 characters lol

1 Like

@Girlinterrupted how were you diagnosed with nerve damage and which nerve?

@anon12657779 thank you for your advices about eating well and doing well thing to make myself happy, sometimes the right answer is so easy

1 Like

It’s a full body thing caused from a rare anemia (megaloblastic anemia) due to low b12. The doctors initially thought I had MS (back in 2008 or 2009). This was caused by a surgery I had back in 2006. At one point I was unable to walk for about three months because I could not feel my legs. Now I get nerve pain and electric shock feelings in my limbs. Mostly ankles and wrists. To this day I would still think I had MS if I didn’t get my vitamin levels checked when I was feeling awful 9 months into sobriety a few years back.

I also have peripheral neuropathy from a TBI (traumatic brain injury).

When we drink, we tend to not take great care of our health. Our livers and kidneys suffer. I take a good deal of vitamins and get b12 shots so the damage at least doesn’t get worse. I also take milk thistle which has helped my liver a lot.

I feel a lot better than I have in years.

1 Like

@Girlinterrupted sorry to hear that, I hope you’re feeling good now, I thought you have it from drinking which can also happen

@anon12657779 I was being sarcastic btw lol

@dalex77 how are you feeling today mate?

3 Likes

Good to hear, I am doing good, I guess we need to reach peak of the shit to make us stronger

1 Like

Unfortunately just being sober doesn’t cure our addiction. Addiction is a brain disease, & it only gets better through vigilant work! Attend some meetings, find a sponsor, & work some steps!! Or maybe get a counselor to help you work through some flawed thinking! Stay strong(:

4 Likes

Hang in there! I’ve had anxiety my whole sobriety. But its been getting better lately.
Make sure you eat right and drink water. Most people need sugar when they stop drinking.
It took at least 6 months for me to feel better from the withdrawals of the meds.

4 Likes