Almost 6 months and feeling terrible

You’ve been through a lot brother, and you’re still here so that matters the most right now, this year is just a mean prank, I hope everything will ne over at some point, virus, people losing their minds at protest. Yes I just hit 6 months, congrats for both of us then!

@Cat777 welcome! Do you want to tell bit of your story?

1 Like

That’s great news! Really glad to hear that. I am better too, maybe I just hit big crisis. How’s everybody doing lately?

1 Like

At my one year mark, I still felt like “what the fuck am I doing?”. Not sure if you’re comparing yourself to others, but I definitely felt “behind” others that had the same amount of time sober. I didn’t understand at the time how that could be, I thought I was doing it wrong.

I started to understand that I just had so much more growing to do then anticipated. I was very mentally immature… Still am. But the growth that’s happening, although slow, is worth it. Because I am not a prisoner to my thoughts or actions anymore. Not saying everything is perfect, but it’s definitely better. And it feels nice knowing I’m continuing to try because something had to give before. Leap of faith, heading blindly down a path of sobriety, trusting things will get better… Those are all things that I needed to surrender to.

Just seeing that you posted this 15 says ago, I’m late to the party like usual lol

2 Likes