Almost to 30 days. How do I stay on track without being so overwhelmed and emotional?

I’m 146 days sober from alcohol and 25 days sober from my addictions. First time detox center patient now I commute to my recovery center. I get overwhelmed after though trying to balance that self care and home care. My Husband is sick and I want to cry and scream but I pray :pray: :palms_up_together: I just need help with stopping it before it gets that far. Thank you

6 Likes

Welcome and you’re doing great things, Stephanie. Keeping it simple, remember what we can & can’t control (ourselves, our attitude and actions-only).
I’ll say a prayer for your hubby and that he gets well soon.
Meeting makers make it, I was told in the beginning. I believe it to be true. Those who lace up/show up to heal & help others make it.
Stay the course and we get to live happy, joyous and free! Big hugs to you both.

3 Likes

Welcome Stephanie and Congratulations on your 146 days sober and the 25. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is a great sober community to get and give support. Lots of great people here willing to help out.

There’s a great daily check in thread a lot of people use. Checking in daily to maintain focus #67
People checking in and sharing their experiences strength and hope. Have a good read around and join in when you’re comfortable.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Steph!
So glad you found us. I can relate to that overwhelmed feeling in early recovery. Balancing a family, full time job and intensive outpatient treatment was extremely hard. What kept me going was the fact that I knew the situation was only temporary and I was getting treatment to be a better mom, wife and coworker. I stuck with it and life eventually balanced out. All that exhausting work on myself while maintaining life was worth it.

1 Like

For that overwhelmed feeling, taking a deep breath and wearing the serenity prayer like a mantra has helped me through sober years.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

With careful reflection on this in every moment, I have learned more and more how to live in acceptance. The things that are only momentary. The trust that I need only the courage to carry on my day. The wisdom to… Okay, I’m still not very wise, but that’s fine. :joy:

Peace be ever with you, my friend! One day at a time. And congrats on 30 days! That’s huge.

1 Like