Almost to my 60 days

I’ve been going through a lot and my family doesn’t really understand being sober and what it’s like. I’m new in the sober community for alcohol. I’m scared of a relapse but I’m only 9 days away from my 60 days. I could use all the help I need

7 Likes

You’re in the right place! Congratulations on almost 60 days! I’m day 70 today. Any guidance you need I’m sure you will find it here, everyone is absolutely fantastic and between everyone, hold some damn useful advice
Wishing you all the best :heart:

2 Likes

Don’t drink, and you’ll make it to your milestone! You’ve done well so far, good on you.

Here’s a couple of threads for “all the help you can get”.

3 Likes

Awesome! 1 day sober is impressive but almost 60 is incredible! Keep it up and keep reaching out. You’ve got this!

1 Like

I feel you. Our brains can be our enemies sometimes. Try to remember all the things using/drinking wrecked in your life. Remember the detoxing period. Remember how long some days feel compared to the new, sober days. Urges are still there, but not as strong as those first couple weeks.
You’ve got this. Don’t let the negative/needy part of your brain win. I believe in you! Sending lots of love and prayers your way hugs

2 Likes

Welcome! That fear of relapse is normal. I’m only at 25 days but something that is helping me is positive visualization. We tend to use our imagination in a negative way. We imagine ourselves failing/relapsing or running over the woulda/coulda/shoulda scenarios to beat ourselves up. Instead of doing that unproductive, negative thinking, I’m trying to change the channel in my mind to a positive one. I imagine myself succeeding and building a better life. I visualize how I’ll say no when people try to give my alcohol and what I’ll do if a situation becomes harmful to my sobriety. I hope this helps you too Lovelou.

1 Like

Thank you to all Of you. Your kind works and works of encouragement means so much to me. You guys saved me from a relapse last night. I didn’t think chat rooms for sober people would help so much. I was sober from drugs for 5 years before I realized I was an alcoholic. 5 years of being sober now gone, it’s been hard. But I will keep reaching out and doing the tools you guys give me❤️

1 Like

30, 60, 90, and 100 days are always difficult, but rewarding, milestones. Not sure what it is about them but heaps of us get the wobbles around those days.
You’re doing great. Push through and it really does get easier after the first 100.

Crack on!
:+1::+1:

1 Like