Always in Recovery, Never Recovered. To Me It's a Gift

I was reading @Inkman 's insightful response, and I wanted to share a thought. Thanks for the inspiration!

In the last 2 years, humans have published over 90% of all the content ever created in human history. Even with the amounts of cat videos and entertainment content, there’s still so much enriching content that even if humans stopped producing content right now, I couldn’t take it all in before I die.

Always in recovery and never recovered is a gift because I’m at a point in human history where I can always grow and get better until the day I die. Before recovery, I never thought it possible to be better at 50 than at 40, and better at 70 than at 50.

I learn something new every day in recovery, and that’s not even the best part. The best part is just being in recovery new things just come to me, I don’t have to look that hard for answers. I just need an open mind.

That also means that everyone in recovery – from those who just put down their DOC one second ago to those with 50 years of sobriety – have something to offer.

What a great way to end the work week!:muscle:t5:

7 Likes

Not sure what I said to inspire, but so glad it helped :blush:

2 Likes

I hadn’t finished my coffee yet so I probably should’ve led with what you said!:laughing:

Wow, you just inspired another thought that I’m gonna share in a separate thread.

Thank you for filling my bucket!

1 Like

This is an amazing read. I always want to be teachable. I think I’ve found a new facet of serenity.

Thank you, @Fargesia_murielae!

1 Like