Am I a monster

True hero ( AyBee)
Your post was valid I agree . I’m also glad you spoke true feelings and that is priceless. Maybe I was wrong in how I approached the initial post, which I have stated in previous replies. If I’m being honest I’m kinda feeling attacked, for well feeling . Is this not a site where we can post how we feel in the moment? And hope someone can help us see the error of our ways? I already had that from the many replies on this post . I will read your post and respect it because that was how my initial post made you feel. I’m not here to make enemies, and if that’s how some people feel I’m sorry. I’m not a troll I’m just a human struggling with addiction, and If that’s a problem I’m sorry . I wish you success AyBee in your recovery and thank you for sharing your feelings.

Ironically enough, I actually agree with the OP on a few of his points. However, making a thread about it, rather than just posting advice as he would like to see it is where my isssue falls. Not a month goes by that a person who has been on the forum a whole week comes in and basically says that the people here give advice wrong and that we should do it their way instead. This completely disregards the fact that many people have gotten and stayed sober using this site alone. So that’s why I think it’s unproductive. It doesn’t really advance his point at all.

However, just because my point doesn’t sit well with you doesn’t mean it’s unproductive. It just doesn’t fit your narrative

2 Likes

You know who was a true hero? Dot.Dot.Dot.

1 Like

What if they are just doing for others, what those before had done for them? I’ve watched many a lost soul be guided by veterans become veterans themselves, and help as they were helped.

6 Likes

I really can’t top @Matt 's wonderful response (:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:) but would just like to add that even if everyone is unique, my experience is one, and I can only talk from my experience.

2 Likes

@Matt is always willing to meet someone where they are, he’s a benefit to have around. Appreciate you bud.

7 Likes

All i have is my experience and some cheesy one liners that hit home to me :laughing:. The turnover rate on the forum can be super exhausting to keep up with at times. I hope that I’ve helped some people, lord knows their stories have helped me tremendously. I wouldn’t be 576 days sober without this place and all the people here that much i know. Oh and @Matt you’re one smart fella, i love reading your responses.

10 Likes

Thx @Misokatsu @CaptAZ @Dan531 I’m happy to hear that. Just trying to be a flower in the garden :innocent:

3 Likes

I still don’ t really understand how it’s counter productive when the initial post has enabled a conversation that has led to Frank (and others) to see things a little differently and in a more positive light. Isn’t that a productive conversation? I think so.

I agree, I have seen plenty of similar posts from people here, but I don’t recall ever seeing the conversation develop the way this did. That’s why I found your comment to be counterproductive, as it seemed to be an attempt to take the conversation back to place that had already been resolved. I couldn’t see what the point of it was.

2 Likes

We are all self centered in some way. This forum is like an NA or AA meeting you take from it what helps you. So anything that is posted could possibly be the one thing that keeps me sober 1 more day so don’t bang on people for posting,everyone’s post helps someone in their recovery

What a great thread, with some really interesting responses on both sides, and many somewhere in the middle.
Aren’t we all complex, nuanced, intelligent individuals who can see when a response is shallow and when it is deep? As has been said by others, we just take what helps and leave the rest. Some days I need shallow and some days I need deep. Some days the seemingly shallow touches me in a profound way.
Not sure what I’m saying, really. :joy: I think it’s just that variety is good.
Enjoyed the thread, though.

4 Likes