Am I counting my recovery time wrong?

The last time that I got high was September 28, 2019. I say that my clean date is September 29, 2019 because that is the day my sobriety began. Am I doing this right? I have this date on a coin. I even have this date engraved on a necklace.

19 Likes

Sounds good to me.
My last day/night drinking was Jan 1.
January 2 is my sober day. For what it’s worth I just started my counter at midnight.
:pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

I did the same thing. I never tried to remember the time.

4 Likes

Ahhh…the eternal debate: exactly when does your time start?
Personally, if you’re almost at four years (yay! :partying_face:) , I wouldn’t worry about it at this point!

8 Likes

Thank you. :people_hugging:

2 Likes

I did the same, my sober date is the day after my last drink xx

3 Likes

Okay, I feel like there is no right or wrong way of doing it, at this point. :blossom:

8 Likes

You do you. It’s important to you. You can’t be wrong. Finished my last drink at 23:30 (11:30 pm) so that’s where my counter starts. Not quite sure about my last cigarette TBH. So I started that counter at midnight after the last day I smoked. Both Central European Day Light Saving Time BTW :upside_down_face:. Congrats on your sober & clean time friend!

13 Likes

This is what i did also :slight_smile: the day after

7 Likes

Whatever your actual stop date…You have done AMAZING :clap: :heart:

9 Likes

@XXIX Like you & @Dazercat, I set my time for midnight. Actually 12:03, just because 3 is my number lol, my angel number. Finished my last drink at 11:22 pm 8/6/21. 8/7 is my day one. :wink::people_hugging::two_hearts: Happy Sunday, Y’all!

10 Likes

You do you, mine is when they measured 0.0 BAC in the detox center I was in at 18 dec 2020 23:00. Never going back there, but ODAAT.

8 Likes

Definitely not counting anything wrong. The date that fits for YOU is your date. :heartpulse::muscle::heartpulse:

8 Likes

How do I find out what my angel # is? :innocent:

1 Like

I used to NOT COUNT my time deployed and my sponsor said i needed to count that time also. He explained to me that by not counting it, I’m lying. If i need to fudge my numbers, then I’m not true, TO MYSELF. only i , and my higher power, can have an honest answer.
You do you

2 Likes

I count mine the same way you do. The last time I used was Sept 18th, and I walked into detox the next morning. I consider my sober date to be September 19, 2019.

6 Likes

@XXIX, I was born 3/3, it grew from there. :heart::heart::heart: 3s show up everywhere for me. Pay attention to what shows up for you. There are angel number calculators online. You could try that.

3 Likes

I finished my last beer at around 4:15 a.m. on October 26, 2019 (I was driving into work for a 12 hour shift) my sobriety started then because that’s when the battle started… I fought like hell for my life after that. It wouldn’t matter much to me now (the date) but it certainly did back then.

13 Likes

Congratulations. We got sober around the same time.

1 Like

Congrats to you on all your sober time also😉

1 Like