Amphetamine addiction

This app is helping me so much, the support and advice is phenomenal yet I do feel quite alone with my addiction as the majority of people seem to be struggling with alcohol,heroin or cocaine…even my key worker said in my first session that amphetamine is an old drug and has long since been replaced with cocaine,ketamine etc…I’m just curious if theres anyone on here battling with an amphetamine addiction? I would love to have the opportunity to talk to someone else who is in the same “boat” as me :exploding_head:

9 Likes

@Bex1994 suffers from amphetamine addiction.
I dabbled with it a fair bit in my younger years :slightly_smiling_face: your not alone in this :+1:

3 Likes

Hey Joey!

Yeh it definatly is an ‘old’ drug. Its available in mass but people tend to go for the harder buzz.

The thing about it I find, is that its so sneaky. Bcos the buzz is not like other hard drugs, it can trick you into thinking or feeling its not so bad :confused: I grew up around it and i know and love people very close too me who are totally bananas from over use of it …Its mental impact is 2nd to none in my opinion!

How are you doing with it? How many days have u got? Ive been feeling totally edgy and super low past 6 days as my body tries to balance out again

Love

2 Likes

An old using buddy of mine started on phet about four years ago, he now injects it all day every day and it has definitely taken a serious toll on his mental health and he got beaten up a good ten times last year as he thinks he is some sort of macho Man, all 8 stone that’s left of him :slightly_smiling_face:
I probably would have used it for longer if it wasn’t for the comedown :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I never quite got to comedown point too many times :confused: and I wasnt a mad heavy user ( I dont think) but its hard to judge that form your own POV

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more! I’ve been using it everyday for nearly 20 years,a highly functioning addict…I’m now on day 27 with out it and I’m struggling so much. I have absolutely no energy,I’m exhausted but cant sleep,I can go days without eating yet binge till I’m nearly sick on others…and my head is all over the place. I feel like I need to go score just to get myself ‘straight’ again. The last few days have been really low for me,I dont want to talk to anyone,its taking every ounce of me just to go to work. I feel like I can’t survive without it. I can’t put into words how relieved I am to know theres someone else out there who gets it (if that makes sense?) x

6 Likes

I was addicted to meth and alcohol. I’ve been clean off of meth since 5/13/17.

4 Likes

Thankyou @anon13078412 :blush:

1 Like

Wow @anon36296096 that’s amazing well done :partying_face: x

Thanks. It wasn’t easy. I struggled a lot with fatigue and isolating myself. I started going to AA and that helped a lot. Got some hobbies and keep busy. It took about 6 months before i felt completely normal. I read that amphetamines affect our adrenal glands and that’s where the fatigue comes from. I take natural supplements to help with sleep (valerian root, melatonin, chamomile tea).

2 Likes

You are doing bludy amazing! Well done! You know that you dont want to have to start again. Your doing so well Im honestly so proud of you - i know i dont know you , but I know how hard it is to get pst 3 days, let alone to 27!!! :smiley:

You will feel all kinds of craps – but itll start to pay off ( if it hasnt already) and you will get all your body back into a beautiful balance.

My partner always says: it may be incredibly challenging, but you are incredibly equipped! And youve shown that by going a month free after 20 years!!

1 Like

i would Class a heavy user as every day or most days of the week. I’m glad that you weren’t as it can have quite an impact on your heart :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

oh thank you for the tip. im lucky i only work 3 days n my kids r old enuf to let me nap. Defo been too much coffee substitution :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve used on and off again for the last 13 years. I went to a inpatient treatment facility back in 2015 for 4 1/2 months which I stayed clean that time for a total of 7 1/2 months total. This last time I had been using everyday for 2 years. Today I am 26 days strong and sober. It is rough when everyone you know around you uses and those are the only “friends” you had. It’s rough but after the first 30 days it gets easier. It’s mind over matter and your life matters so just remember that the next time you want to use. Hit up some meetings and get sober friends and a sponsor if you are really struggling. Keep your chin up cuz I believe in you just like I do every recovery addict out there. We all need a support system to stay strong!

3 Likes

I abused amphetamines for a solid 10 years. I ended up graduating to stronger stimulants. The comedown was always horrible.

2 Likes

I will have to give the natural supplements a try,I’m willing to give anything a go at this point. As weird as this may sound it’s made me feel a bit better hearing you say it took about 6 months to feel normal…my partner has said to me I’m expecting too much too quickly,I always have been an impatient sod though :rofl:

2 Likes

How many days have you been sober now @Englishd?

I go to a weekly meeting now with a support worker,although I may need to find another support group as well,I’m not sure if once a week is enough at the moment? I’m also incredibly lucky that I have an amazing support network,my partner and family plus my best friends who oddly enough have never touched drugs in their lives yet have stuck by me through thick and thin :heart:

2 Likes

My doctor has suggested I have an ECG as there are concerns about my cardiac system :pensive:

@Bex1994 your kind words have just made me cry :heart: thankyou so much you have no idea how much that means to me even coming from a complete stranger x

2 Likes