And just like that ... I’ve got 9 months

WOW 9 months! I really don’t know how the days stacked up so quickly – a huge thanks to all of you for making my journey easier to navigate. I wasn’t going to make a big deal of it but I don’t know – woke up feeling elated and feel like it is a great accomplishment.
I gave up drinking and weed on 12/20 as a promise to my parents. I am using the following morning as my sober date as this is when I was free of all alcohol and weed in my system. Even though I didn’t see myself as having a problem I still pursued a sober life (thinking that it was temporary but now I know that I can never moderate – it’s all or nothing). I choose all.
Many nights I would go to sleep swearing I would not drink the next day and yet found myself in a revolving pattern (like many of us here) – still – I did not feel that I had a problem. I finally started to feel like I had a problem when I thought I may not be able to keep my promise to my parents. I really wanted that one drink (knowing that it would not end there but trying to do that mental dance and convince myself that THIS time would be different).
I’ve been dealing with some health issues (thank goodness they are not because of any of my previous vices). Still have a long way to go on the healing journey but one thing I do know – I know that I would not be getting better if I were still partaking in any of my addictive behavior.
I finally decided to do this for me and decided to look into the community part of this app (mentally – cause physically it still took me another few weeks to check it out) – Man – why did I wait so long? The community has been life changing. I feel seen and heard here. I am not alone and everything that I am going through is valid. I am grateful to call you all my friends and have you with me on this journey of life! Being sober is not just about giving up our addictions but it is also about learning to live life on life’s terms – to feel all our feelings!

pnk-pink-sober-quotes-4

53 Likes

Congrats! That is awesome!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your 9 months!! It is a joy watching you dive into the community and sobriety and a healthy healing lifestyle!!

2 Likes

Oooooh yessssss!! Get up there Jasmine i cannot love this status enough, you should be so proud of yourself i know im proud of you…i appreciate every bit of help youve given me and for the help you give so many others on here, much love as always! :heart: :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Thank you all so much - appreciate your support and love on this journey!

@SoberGuyUSA @lorelai @SassyRocks @Starlight14
:heart: :hugs:

5 Likes

Way to go 9 months. !! Your words of encouragement for all who travel here is pure testimony for Talking Sober. You deserve so much more than you give.

Have a beautiful day filled with love and kindness

4 Likes

:hugs: thank you Lam - you are too sweet my friend. Appreciate your sweet words. We all deserve more and our sober lives will provide (i have faith in that ). :heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! You are doing great! I am so happy you’re here! One of the sweetest people I’ve met and so deserving of happiness
:tada::tada::tada::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Nice work!

number 9

5 Likes

Thanks Renee - you are so sweet - grateful to call you my friend :hugs:

@AyBee Thank you so much! Appreciate you!

1 Like

Congratulations on 9 months Jazz! :tada: :partying_face:
That gift you ordered for yourself is absolutely gorgeous. Stella has some talent and I’m glad we all get to reap the benefits.

3 Likes

awe thanks love – totally appreciate being here with you :hugs:

i am so grateful to be able to support a fellow sober buddy and enjoy such beautiful jewelry :heart:

1 Like

Heck yeah! You are an integral part of all of our experiences on here. You deserve good things. Congratulations on 9 months. Lets keep going. :heart::heart::clap:t3::clap:t3:

4 Likes

9 MONTHS!!!
Congratulations :confetti_ball: :clap:
You are an inspiration on this forum. You always take time to read through the posts on the check in thread and give advice and encouragement and praise where it’s needed.
Thank you :blush: :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Congratulations Jasmine! You are such an amazing light to this community and 9 months are amazing! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

@TrustyBird @HolySquid @Amy30
Awe thank you so much dear friends! I appreciate you all for your kind words and for being amazing lovely beings. Loving this opportunity to be on this lovely journey with you all :heart:

3 Likes

A jasmine, you are truly a beautiful person, and an inspiration to so many of us. Congrats on 9 months, may you continue to shine on! Keep Shining GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

Ah Patricia thank you so much! :people_hugging:

Whoop whoop :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:
Congratulations on 9 months Jasmine! You are totally rockin’ it and are always here with support (and memes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) for others too. Go you. ODAAT

giphy-1

:heart::v:

2 Likes

Thanks Kiki – appreciate you friend :pray: