Another Reset For Me

I figure maybe it’s time I post on here. I keep trying to quit but with no success. I always want alcohol. Always able to go a couple days, but then the want hits hard. I think it’s time to come out of the shadows and reach out to you all that have been dealing with or have dealt with this before. I have sat by and read stories. But I believe it’s time for me to no longer sit by. I am Kevin. I would like to move on from this pain and dark desire I constantly face.

27 Likes

Speaking out is a great step. We are vulnerable trying to battle addiction alone, much stronger in numbers. Many here have had great success turning their lives around and they’ve all done it one day at a time… ODAAT. I wish you the best on your journey, reach out anytime.

6 Likes

Hi Kevin, it sounds like you are motivated to change. Time to put that motivation to work! What are you willing to do to get sober? Here’s a thread full of ideas for you to start using.

And check out this one…

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

6 Likes

Welcome, Kevin! 🙋 I know it’s hard but you are stronger than you know! It’s the body so used to it, it does get easier the further away from it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much I will check into these

Thank you for the support. I’m hoping to get into a habit of checking daily to help move on from this.

1 Like

@Kkirka231 aka Kevin,

Welcome…I’m so glad you stepped out of Shadow, and into this wonderful community. You have a lot of support here, and loads of links to all kinds of resource.

Stepping forward and acknowledging the problem is you biggest and bravest step…I’m so glad you did. You can turn this around…we all have the ability to affect change; we just have to want it every day…put the work in everyday.

It’s not always easy…you might fall a time or two, but if you do, you pull yourself up, and start walking again. We’re here walking with you…we may all lead completely different lives, but our stories are all tied to the same heavy weight of addiction.

Reach out to us…read, learn, and build your toolbox. We’re here…I’m here if you should ever need to talk.

And again, welcome. I’m truly so glad you made your way here.

:blue_heart::dizzy::sun_with_face:

1 Like

I truly appreciate the support and plan to keep moving forward to a better life. Thank you again. This means a lot to me.

2 Likes

I look forward to chatting with you in the future!

In the meantime…stay focused and stay your course.

Wishing you health and Blessings.

1 Like

It’s the same for me, let’s try to check in daily and get out from under this pressure. I just saw my Mom pass away last month and I need to quit asap. Welcome

2 Likes

I was the same as you with beer everyday. Just wanted to tell you that it is possible to change and it’s so much better, Dawn! In every way. I can’t believe the time, money and just not living I wasted.
Please check in and reach out if you’re struggling. Put that beer in the “not an option” category!

Hi Kevin and a warm welcome for you!
Speaking out is a big first step and you just tackled that one. Addiction florish in the shadows, when we put light on it we can work our way to the sun.
I’m more then 3 years sober with the help of this app and the people in it. I tried different tips I’ve read here to help me get where I am today.
So my tip is read here and read here a lot. Try new things and be open minded to do so.
Do not look to far into the future. Focus on today and how to deal with this day sober.
24 houres.

If you have cravings, come here and talk about it! It really helps!

2 Likes

You’re not alone. I’ve had to reset too. Was at 45 days, now I’m back to 8, but I’m not going to give up.

I’m back on anti-depressants too for the first time in 3 years…but better to do that and be sober.

Just hang in there. Keep pushing. Keep moving through.

1 Like

Hi Kevin, well done for posting on the community.

You will get lots of help on here that can help on your journey to not boozing I’m sure.

You got this brother :muscle:t2:

1 Like

Thank you for the support. We can do this. Also I love your profile picture. My wife went to Clemson so we are big supporters. Even through the season they are currently having.

1 Like

Maybe try a meeting Kev they will help wish you well

1 Like

Great first step! Second step: what have you been doing to stay sober. What isnt working. Thirdvstep: getting out of your comfort zone and adding what ever it takes to keep you sober.

3 Likes