Anthem of the Day (Part 1)

Yeah I’m feeling that, its absolutely gorgeous out and an actual spring day, chill vibes :metal:

3 Likes

When you’re on a video you can hit the share button it should give you some options to copy and paste, but I enjoy hardcore music as well, we post a fair bit of thrash in here that was a good tune :metal:

1 Like

Some CCR for the day :metal:

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Impressive song! Have to say I would not have guessed that it was by a gothic death metal band… :laughing: I’ve noted their albums Above the Weeping World and One for Sorrow for a good and proper listen in the days to come.

Found this compilation of their acoustic songs and have added it to my playlist! Definitely fits the vibe of the day.

2 Likes

Melodic death metal dude, its a whole different sound to the death metal from Florida its all about harmony and peace in the guitar. Here’s another amazing band Omnium Gatherum was supposed to see both of these bands on tour right before covid both were very close bands in my haydays of drinking in the last couple years

2 Likes

Clearly once covid travel restrictions lift I’ll be headed to Finland to soak in the music scene there!!!

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Was doing some Buddhist reading and it struck me how spiritually akin these lyrics are… (thought I don’t think I could use this as background to a sitting meditation!)

Bound to this flesh
This guise, this mask
This dream
Wake up, remember
We are born of one breath, one word
We are all one spark, sun becoming
Pneuma

4 Likes

CCR made me think of the Doobie Brothers. Sunday morning.

3 Likes

Which made me think of Steely Dan

2 Likes

It is for me too bud, Nikki Sixx is the reason I cleaned up that movie came out the worst time I could have watched it in life and I sunk in a bottle for weeks it was like a 3 week binge, but I remember in the end he got clean so thats what matters most but I feel ya bud

1 Like

Tool is actually the first time I opened my life into a spiritual realm I was high on psychedelics and the song Parabola opened my world into a possibility that all we are within is just a soul; there are so many things science can’t and doesn’t explain in life, its impossible to not believe there is so much more to life than what is right in front of you, from within. Check out Reflection and Disposition those ones are instrumental and a little slower they may be used for a mediation because of the beats of the drums, but yeah I hear you I usually put on Wardruna when I meditate I need something primal and rooted for that and in tune with my soul

1 Like

Reflection is a true masterpiece…

1 Like

Possibly the greatest song to play at the start of each new day…

1 Like

I’m giving it try! Let’s see if this works!

@anon83587935

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B93e-RSndbxfTTY5SkhmYlIxUWM/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited to add: Hubby’s phone ended up dying so he wasn’t able to get the entire song, but we got most of it!

1 Like