Anthem of the Day (Part 3)

Oh no thats not the band from yesterdays concert :sweat_smile: the band I posted is one of the biggest band in the world Slipknot :metal:

Their story is insane. They already lost 2 members of their band because of overdose. Vocalist Corey Taylor had tragic history. He tried to took his life twice. On recordings of their 3th album he wanted to do suicide from jumping from balcony, but he choosed other path and then he got sober. #Rip Paul Gray the bassist and founding member overdosed the day when his family and friends wanted to do intervention to him. He then runned away to some hotel and there was found dead by overdosing on various stuff. The band then decided to get sober all together, most members are attending AA meetings! Some of the members where still using. I think their fired them from the band because of that. Legendary drummer #Rip Joey Jordison was found dead at his home overdosed. I found their music and story to be really inspiring. Their life performances and the energy are phenomenal.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Dutch New Year’s live countdown, I listen to it every year! Happy New Year everyone, wherever you are! Click “live” on it if it does not come up there.

2 Likes

This one’s playing now as #24 on the list. I was forbidden to go the Stage show in Rotterdam, 1978 (aged 13). Last time I listened to my parents.

6 Likes

:grinning::hugs::kissing_heart: Happy 2024 @Mno

My parents forbade me to go see Sam and Dave when I was 13.
I called the florist, sent my Mom some flowers, called a cab to come get me and went to the show.
Lots of tables with white tablecloths with passed out people on top of the tables. First time for me seeing something like that.
A friend there I knew danced with me all night, whew.
Some other ( older) friends were there too.
As it turns out the parents ended up there too and sat in the very back till the end.
Music’s still one of my favorites.

5 Likes

Really isnpired me on todays run. Some kilometers just melted away in the middle of the track.
Burt Munro was really very impressive and inspirational persona. True legend. There are very nice biographical movie about his story with another legend Anthony Hopkins (great actor).

Song is by Billy Idol :metal:

4 Likes

A good one to start the new year off, beautiful lyrics.

2 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

And back to 2023

3 Likes

Thanks Alisa for the thoughts :v:t3:
I’m alright, I was snowboarding in the alps for Christmas with my family, then I’m home with my daughters.
Happy new musical year everyone :tada::partying_face:

An old Marie Laforet french tune from 1967, so charming

4 Likes

I’m not the greatest fan of poetry, or of jazz for that matter. This cooperation is magic though.

4 Likes

Thanks for the shout out much appreciated and same to you and yours. :v:t4:

2 Likes
6 Likes

Story behind this guy and song is brilliant joe rogan gave him mention on one of his podcasts

6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

:100:

2 Likes

Turned down a 6 m record Deal

4 Likes
3 Likes