Anthem of the Day (Part 3)

One of my favorite dudes from the new era…

3 Likes

@Mulchy13

:heartpulse:

7 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes

Hahahahah! Yes! You saw this from my photo right?!?!? Great job! Are you quite a fan?!

1 Like

:sunglasses:
I always liked electronic/ambient stuff. BoC rather essential in that genre right.

1 Like

I think so. For some reason, I have this feeling that the people who frequent the place we are in right now, may be more susceptible to being attuned to their stuff. There is an escapism there, that i think ‘we’ like. That escapism from reality (in a positive way). To gain perspective, or to find solace in general perhaps. I like how you do the BoC :stuck_out_tongue: Very fan like. I am part of a forum called twoism.org . A BoC forum. I just started going on there at the same time as coming on here. I left facebook and instagram and thought that i would rather try these places to visit. Just as an experiment. Talk to likeminded people perhaps. Of course its good to meet different people from different walks of life and not restrict yourself, but im relishing the chance of this tbh. Just to keep away from the distractions of social media. What other artists etc do you listen to, like this, or in general? I should ahve branched out a lot more i think, to similar or linked stuff, but just haven’t. I am looking at doing more of that too, in the near future.

2 Likes
5 Likes

My taste in music is very broad without knowing extremely much about one -or any- particular genre. It sort of changes with time while holding on to good stuff from the past.

I was born in 1965, my mum listened to and liked music like Neil Young, The Band, The Beatles and The Stones, Simon and Garfunkel, French chansoniers, some classical stuff. That was my first influence. The first three albums I bought myself were A Night at the Opera by Queen, Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd and Diamond Dogs by David Bowie.

Then when I was an adolescent it was punk, ska and reggea. Electronic music came a bit later. I liked lots. TBH many of the ambient/lounge/chill and triphop type music I liked I heard in coffeeshops in Amsterdam first and they fitted right in with my addiction to weed in those days. Kruder & Dorfmeister, Fila Brazilia, Thievery Corporation, The Orb, Orbital, The whole Bristol triphop scene, to name a few.

I was a bit late in going to festivals but made up for that in the 90’s and 00’s, and with that I started to like a whole lot of the typical festival bands of the day. From Radiohead to Editors to Kaiser Chiefs to Franz Ferdiand and a whole lot more.

In the last ten years I really started liking singer/songwriters, and folk and bluegrass. And classical. And modern classic composers. And some ethnic music. And jazz. And godknowswhat. Which I all liked in my 20’s too, except for songer/songwriters maybe as I never could make out lyrics as I was too much under then influence I think. I like music that to my ears has some quality. Here’s one of my favourite remixes from the endless amount I listened to back in the day. Thanks for reading.

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Awesome! I love k&d … the whole DJ Kicks series is great. Peace orchestra too. That whole bristol scene is pretty ridiculous. Portishead, massive attack, Roni size, Addison groove, koan sound. :+1: Editors are great as well. I just saw Interpol, you probably like them Id imagine

Atmospheric instrumental post metal
PELICAN: Ephemeral

3 Likes
3 Likes

Nice…I seen the U.K. Subs a couple times here in the states

I tried collecting vynils but always got kicked out with my belongings being thrown away lol so I gave up. I have a a friend who basically deticates most of his free time after work on collecting, buying, and selling records he’d probably get a hard on if I told him what you just told me :rofl:

Nice to meet you as well Paul. That’s crazy I thought that was only in Alaska where night time is still day light. Yes I am from California eh it has its ups and downs. Absolutely staying sober one day at a time :pray:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Woop woop

4 Likes

“So don’t let the world bring you down
Not everyone here is that fucked up and cold
Remember why you came and while you’re alive
Experience the warmth before you grow old”

4 Likes