Anthem of the Day (Part 3)

6 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Beautiful. Tiny desk concerts are always good it seems.Brought to mind this somehow.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Three Miami bands. The keyboard player in Heroes a close friend and my sober hero. Learn from him.

4 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

Nice song! I had to quit watching the video it was making me nauseated! Just a teensy bit.

5 Likes

Oh yes. Teenage Steve Winwood. One of the best shows for me was Traffic circa 1970 in support of John Barleycorn.

1 Like

Grammy winner, new category…

" Shervin Hajipour, 25, won in a new special merit category recognizing a song for social change for his hit [“Baraye.”]" …

…“The first lady of the United States, Jill Biden, introduced the award. “A song can unite, inspire and ultimately change the world,” she said. “Baraye,” she added, was “a powerful and poetic call for freedom and women’s rights” that continues to resonate across the world.”
NY Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/05/arts/music/baraye-iran-protest-grammy.html#:~:text=Shervin%20Hajipour%20won%20in%20a,through%20Iran%20in%20recent%20months.

4 Likes

Nice to have heroes! have not listened to these yet but look forward to.

2 Likes

I love you,man!

1 Like
4 Likes
4 Likes

Odd video this one…

4 Likes

Interesting. Going to have a look at 'm live next week.

4 Likes

A sample in a rap song led me to Rozetta Johnson. From 1971

5 Likes

What a beautiful powerful song . I am so far out of the loop Alisa that I can’t see it. Don’t watch award shows and stream Sirius XM at home,but have not,until just now,heard this jewel. I live in a small close minded. ,for the most part,community It’s Fox News country,which I do not even think or care about. I am apolitical It’s too divisive and angry for my peace. The population here will not like this song for multiple reasons. I love it,going to add it to my ever growing playlist. :heartbeat: Thanks again. Keep posting Alisa.

heard this in the car yesterday

2 Likes