Anthem of the Day (Part 4)

@Soberbilly believe it or not the Stevie Windwood “Im a Man” is ( almost ) too wild for me now, lol.
The Yardbird’s one I haven’t heard for a long time!

2 Likes

🔍 This page was last updated on 04-25-2024 ⚠️
https://youcantkillme.com/

Good News for SlipKnoT fans! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8oniyTcbaA

4 Likes
2 Likes

Happy Birthday ( April 02) Leon Russell.
RIP Nov 13, 2016

I saw him perform April 2016. His voice was exactly like this recording. The whole show was A plus fantastic. There was no seating left for me besides sitting on the floor right in front of his piano! ( :heart: ). Really had the best seat in the house.

2 Likes

Cant get this song out of my head since I’ve hit two years of sobriety :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

“I swore it off, forever this time”. Congrats friend. Never again.

2 Likes

You saw this show ? @Mno Isbell ?

I didn’t see this show but love it. “Overcome” Will never forget it just coming on when I was walking into a foreign airport.

2 Likes

Congratulations @Pat_m that’s a great Anthem song for you. :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging::white_check_mark:

I did. Missed this one, but made up for it later.

4 Likes

Missed it but sure enjoy this amazing performance w only 9,000 views. 1995
Edit. Like this Beth Hart one a lot, especially the beginning.

4 Likes

Blue Stones - Healing

2 Likes

I don’t know how to embed the videos like you do.

Edging by Blink 182.

Well look at that, it worked.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Alisa and @Mno :metal:t2::wink:

1 Like

April 08, 2024 Total Eclipse of the Sun

“Well I hear you went up to Saratoga
And your horse naturally won
Then you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun”

1 Like

I’ve followed Joy Division through their morphing into the brilliant New Order.
Then Gillian Gilbert and her husband Stephen Morris (from New Order) formed ‘the other two’.
A bit selfish…

2 Likes

Genre defying in my youth. Amazing how Lemmy made to 70 years old before succumbing to all the damage he did to his system.

6 Likes

I’m under the impression you’re still amongst us (the living that is) Billy. But correct me if I’m wrong.
Zombie by the Cranberries is a good one now, but I’ll go with Fela Kuti. More our times friend :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I feel like this song is about my ex and how I still loved him despite his constant lying to me lmao. Thank God that relationship ended!!! :smile_cat:

1 Like

@WilliamBloke
Garage or just the sidewalk :slightly_smiling_face::grin:

1 Like

This is about the border blasters blasting from Mexico in to the USA and across the world with 150,000 megawatts when licensed stations could only broadcast at 1,500 megawatts.
I know this song thanks to @Soberbilly and this thread. Thanks Billy.
Where was I ??

3 Likes