Any aussies in the house?

Central West NSW here.

19 days no beer. Itā€™s a record for me since I was 14 in 1988.

2 Likes

19 days is amazing :star_struck:
Iā€™m over in Perth which is why I may be the only one awake right now :ok_hand:

1 Like

Welcome back to the forum and great work on 19 days!!!
How have you been feeling since quitting?

Gā€™day Gary

Iā€™m a new member. Just figuring out how this app works. I saw any aussies in the house? I immediately wanted to post a picture of my Australian Shepard. Lol. But it says new users canā€™t post pictures. 2 weeks sober, 2 weeks ago I was 50 days sober.

4 Likes

Hi Connie welcome to the forum! I can see your adorable Aussie shepherd as your avatar :heart_eyes: thereā€™s alot of threads to read through and it takes a bit to familiarise yourself with it all. The below may be helpful to you

Great to see you here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello there @Connierain89

1 Like

Thanks. Feeling OK.

A couple of things have changed. I have not decided to take a break from drinking, or to cut down. I have realised I cannot control my drinking and decided I will not/cannot drink.

3 weeks ago nearly to the minute I had a massive car accident. Fortunately I wasnā€™t hurt. On the way to the hospital to get checked all I could think about was how it could have been so easily my kids looking at my grave. That feeling of guilt, shame and despair was incredibly strong. I try to remember that feeling a couple of times a day to remember why it is I am not drinking any more.

My kids and wife have told me they are proud of me. Which is scary to know they see how hard it has been in the past to not drink. Even for a week it was impossible.

3 Likes

Itā€™s great you have the support of your family though and Iā€™m glad youā€™re still here today to be with them.
Keeping using your supports and this forum. The people on here have played a huge role in my sobriety and definitely make me feel less alone on the crazy road to recovery.
Sometimes its minute by minute or hour by hour but keep taking it one day at a time - as long as ā€˜just for todayā€™ we donā€™t drink, itā€™s a win. And tomorrow we repeat.
Congrats on another successful day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So, random update - my miss 18 got her Lā€™s today :partying_face::partying_face:
I now have not 1 but 2 L-platers that Iā€™ll be teaching to drive (my other adult child has 40 hours still to log before he can get his Pā€™s).
Please send me all your patience and courage to get through this :joy::joy: oh and maybe some hair dye to cover all the extra grays Iā€™ll be getting :laughing:

5 Likes

drive-driving

Buckle up and hang on!
Good luck
:+1::+1:

4 Likes

Oh wow! Thatā€™s awesome @Becsta and yes, haha, sending you lots of good vibes and patience! Youā€™ve already got plenty of courage and your kids are very lucky to have such a courageous, amazing Mother! Sober Mums rock!! Wishing you and your fam all the best as you navigate the roads :blush:

1 Like

Haha thanks @AyBee :laughing:

Oh thatā€™s lovely of you to say, thank you @emc2018 :sunglasses::heartpulse:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Proud Aussie here from the sunny coast in Queensland

2 Likes

Hi Marly, Iā€™m Bec. Queenslander here also :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey bec!! Nice to meet you

Hope youā€™re surviving ok with the wet weather up there. Iā€™m on the gc and the rain has been torrential but you guys have def copped it more than us, with more expected tomorrow :flushed:

1 Like

Yea weā€™re a bit flooded in atm it sort of all happened over night but sall good here except the damn humidity

1 Like

Yeah humidity has been awful lately, itā€™s very drainingā€¦ Hopefully it will start to settle down as February ends.