Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

Lucked out and found this at my favorite used book store, complete with all the accompanying cards.

5 Likes

Found this in the library.

3 Likes

sounds nice!

I’m with these on this saturday evening:

Some smiles after a stressful day :blush:

2 Likes

I’m currently reading two books #1 Unfuck yourself #2 Stop doing that shit, great recovery books for fixing your self and are definitely not boring great reads so far

1 Like

Beautiful book

I’m happy with this big old book about Egypt that I found today.

2 Likes

Thanks. It was actually one hell of a find.

Now that one looks really interesting. I love the blue and gold design on the cover.

1 Like

7 Likes

5 Likes

And a stack of basically everything written by Augusten Burroughs, except for Running With Scissors, which I have already read.

2 Likes

“We Have Always Lived in the Castle” by Shirley Jackson. Nice and creepy.

2 Likes

I’m reading this right now as well! Love the short chapters as I sometimes have trouble staying awake. I’ve read most of Augusten as well. He’s fantastic. I think we are twins of some sort, Jene. Enjoy the reads!

1 Like

Robert M. Pirsig: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

6 Likes

I’ll take it!

just finished and loved it. definitely my favorite read of the year. a tough act to follow! :100:

1 Like

A bender back in the day:

We could now hear the effects of the brandy in the Ottawa town. They were singing and yelling in the most hideous manner, both night and day. Their frolic ended worse than ours. Five Ottawas were killed and a great many wounded.

4 Likes

Oldie!!! (the book that is). But good one.

1 Like

Sunday I lost my phone and have been awaiting a new simcard since. Then this morning my home internet connection went down and stayed down for about 8 hours, while I am home on sick leave. Finally finally finished this book, that I lay down a couple of years ago. Anybody planning any under the rim activity in Grand Canyon should be obliged to read this first. Very instructive. I made some elementary mistakes when I hiked in and out of it in April 2018. But escaped unscathed. It’s also a gripping read BTW.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Can be downloaded for free here: https://lvx.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Marcotone.pdf

@Hailstrom

2 Likes

This looks interesting, thanks for the link :+1:

1 Like