Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

Oh yeah. That one was really scary. Lol

I see Neil Gaiman has been mentioned recently. This is one of my recent favourites.

8 Likes

Oh this one is so good!!! I actually read it with my eyeballs and wasn’t impressed. I don’t know if i was just wasn’t in the right headspace for it or what. But then I listened to it and was riveted. Al Neil Gaiman books should be listened to. He reads them magnificently.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl:Oh this one is so good!!! I actually read it with my eyeballs
:rofl::rofl: i know exactly what you mean. It took me a couple of false starts to get into it, once there I enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Completely different ending in the book Billy. Much better. :+1:

:roll_eyes: just realised ive not read horns, just seen the movie. I have got a copy so thats bedetime reading with my eyeballs this week :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Last book read,loved it

1 Like

Oohhh. I can’t wait to hear how you like it!!!

The Stand is my favourite too but Fairy Tale is a close second now. Im actually sad that I finished it.

3 Likes

Oh wow, good to know! I have a house full of guests, so am waiting to start Fairy Tale after they leave. Now I am really excited! Thanks!!!

3 Likes

4 Likes

I listen to the stand on audible its something like 47hrs long. I really enjoyed the tv series in the early 90s with Rob Lowe, Gary sinise and molly ringwald. Much better tgan the 2020 version. I did read the uncut version of the book but it was so heavy. :grinning:.

1 Like

Currently reading

Currently listening to

Neil Gaiman could read me the back of a cereal box and I would be enthralled.

7 Likes

I am about halfway through Fairy Tale. I took a couple day break so I didn’t finish to fast.
I absolutely love it so far.
I pre-ordered the audio book and the guy reading it is the he best.

6 Likes

Need to finish this, have a couple of others inline, but just dont want to finish it. Such a huge loss. Im not one who usually worries over celebrity death but his hurt.

6 Likes

True facts! He’s just an enchanting narrator

1 Like

It was incredibly sad. It’s always heartbreaking when it’s a choice and not like a freak accident because you just feel so sad for how hopeless they must have been feeling. How alone. I hate that anyone ever feels that way.

1 Like

I loved Lance Weller’s two first books so much, Wilderness and American marchlands, I’m so happy to start this one !
B099NS7R16.01.SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500

I was searching for the US cover to put here, there is none! Except wilderness, his last books were only published in France. It’s a shame. I have no idea why we, french I mean, are supposed to like his very american stories more than others.

2 Likes

He had a tortured life for sure. Substance abuse + mental health issues = sadness. It is a great book. He was a talented writer and his travel shows were inspiring and gritty…like him, I guess.

2 Likes

Okay, maybe I am going to save Fairytale for my upcoming vacation!!! In true reader fashion, I don’t want to start it yet, as I don’t want to finish it. LOL

1 Like