Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

I am Legend is one of my favorite books of all time. The ending gives me chills. :heart: The movie was a whole different thing. :-1:t2:
Rosemary’s Baby is similar to the movie and I think I enjoyed them the same.
I’m going to add Jurassic Park to my to be read. Happy reading to you fellow soberino. (Ned Flanders reference).

6 Likes

I think im going to go with I am legend. Im currently listening to whispers down the lane which was a freebie. Thanks for your input Emile :full_moon_with_face::+1:

1 Like

Wooo! So many things in your list im gonna add to my TBR list. I’ve always wanted to read fight club. I’ve seen the movie a few times (it’s like some gen x right of passage right) but I feel like I’m missing so much. I need to be able to pause and marinate in the ideas. I’m a REALLY slow reader lol

3 Likes

Oh interesting! Ok I’m adding I am legend to the tbr too. I do love that movie but I didn’t realize it was a book first.

1 Like

Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday is a very artful novel that I’m enjoying.

2 Likes

ETA- trigger warning about valiant

I’m the slowest reader on the planet like, I read a lot! The words just go in much slower than everyone else I know :joy: but I love stories. So I’m usually listening to something and reading something with my eyeballs. Currently I have 2 of each. I know nothings very high brow but I hope these are still ok to share.

Two fun easy reads.
:books:A romance. I love Tessa dare because her characters are always funny and the racy bits are always very consenty. I hate most romance cause there are too many taken by force situations and I do NOT jive with that.
:books:The second book is a dark fairy story. A lot of Holly black books are set in the modern era in the real world with hood and bad fae working in and out of that environment. I like that. TRIGGER WARNING!!! DRUG USE. I’m So sorry I just got to this part in the book. Please don’t read this if that’s a trigger for you it seems to be a major component of this story.
:books:The library of the dead is about a girl in poverty who sees ghosts and can talk to them and carry messages but she only does it like a side hustle. If there’s nothing in it for her “sorry ghostie this is a business” but now she’s found a case that she wants to get to the bottom of just to help and the story keeps getting deeper and I’m really wnjouing it.
:books:and the last one is about a real straight laced religious kid coming to terms with the fact that he’s gay. And it’s very funny. The characters are fun and he’s kinda neurotic but bang on my best friend. I can’t wait to make her listen to it so I can be like “it you” points at book

4 Likes

I hope I’m not overselling it but I Am Legend was really great. There is a 1960s film version with Vincent Price called The Last Man on Earth and while it is campy, it blows the Will Smith movie out of the water. I’ve read I Am Legend twice and I buy a copy whenever I see it at a used book sale. I have a third copy in my to be read pile. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Thats settled then. :+1: and whan the apocalypse does come Im sticking with you! I often used to think what it would be like to be the last one on earth. I got an insight during covid when I was one of the few permitted to venture outside
The streets were so quiet and eerie…i loved it, imagination working overtime. :grinning::+1:

2 Likes

I have all three in Kindle and Audible formats. I enjoyed all 3 books

7 Likes

Its a short informative book.

5 Likes

I’m currently reading/listening to Fairy Tale by Stephen King. My God he’s a brilliant writer!!! How he can write these EPIC tales that never get boring or long winded.

5 Likes

Have you read any joe hill? That’s Stephen kings son and while Stephen king books are good joe hill is one of my Al time FAVORITE authors.

4 Likes

Reading ‘Salem’s Lot now :cowboy_hat_face::100:

4 Likes

Stephen King’s wife, Tabitha, also wrote a few books years ago. I enjoyed them.

I haven’t started on Fairy Tale yet, I am looking forward to it. The Stand is my favorite. Tho I think The Shining deserve another read again soon.

4 Likes

I dont think i could name a favourite. I really enjoy his epics and also his short story collections oh and anything inbetween :rofl:. One day Ill be in a “Needfull things” mood the next it could be " 11-22-63" I never get tired of reading his works. And like @Imcrafty says Joe hill is a bloody good story teller too. NOS4A2 (NOS4R2) UK I loved and his novella collection ‘Strange weather’ was just freaky and creepy i loved that too. I think the lady who does the voice of lisa simpson read a story from strange weather which just made it creepier in my opinion.
Im still really enjoying whisper down the lane by clay mcleod chapman, this was a free one and has me hooked.

2 Likes

I think my favorite joe hill is still horns. I read it before the movie came out (I actually thought they did a pretty good job of it) and heart shaped box I also loved.

3 Likes

:grinning: I can remember getting scared reading heart shaped box, I dont know if this happens to you but I can remember where I was each book that Ive read. Especially if its a good one.

2 Likes

Saw this book mentioned on here and ordered it straight away. It has arrived today and can’t wait to get stuck in!

6 Likes

Sounds like literature for relaxing. I give it a try. Thanks for sharing it.

I like series, because I like to stick with protagonists over a long time.

I used to think I would be the first to go in an apocalypse. I’m pretty tender hearted. Lately I’ve realized that I am tougher than I have always imagined. :muscle:t3::woman_zombie:

3 Likes