Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

I’m into light literature at the moment and need some smiles :blush:

7 Likes

2 Likes

Well, this sounds like a deep and disturbing novel!

I only just started reading right now, but it’s leaning that direction. Will know shortly as it’s a short read.

1 Like

4 Likes

Not sure what I am going to do when school starts back up on Monday!!

6 Likes

There’s a reason I’m reading these. I’ll tell you soon!

3 Likes

Day off. Coffee, reading TV and eating are all I have planned. My first read.

9 Likes

That is quite the title!

1 Like

It is a bit of silliness for sure. The polite people pleaser in me hates that the author wastes people’s time in her interactions. The other part of me knows that it is good to laugh.

1 Like

I just finished My Fair Junkie, by Amy Dresner. Holy shit was that a wild ride, potentially triggering because her addiction was all over the place and I mean ALL over the place.

5 Likes

That’s what I’m currently on. Meditations is probably my favourite book I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading.

4 Likes

The hunger games :sweat_smile:
Yes i know most everyone has already, and also seen the movies but I was late to the party. I read two of the books between Saturday and last night. And I’ll wait to start the next book until tomorrow i think

Should i watch the movies 1&2 before i start the third book? Or read through the other two books before i watch any of the movies

4 Likes

Yes, I agree!!! All over the place and triggering, as many in the genre can be.

Really enjoying The Never Learn - a revenge kind of book about an English lit professor who is punishing men who hurt women and get away with it. Death in Her Hands is a bit slow and very reflective, but I like it as well.

4 Likes

I read the first three and then watched the movies. I just finished the fourth book. I really liked the first three, the fourth you can skip in my opinion.

2 Likes

It is amazing.

I always have 3 or 4 going at a time because I never know what kind of mood I will be in.

8 Likes

Really? I liked the prequel. It really made you hate Snow. He was such a great character at the beginning and by the end, you just hated him.

2 Likes

I really struggled to finish that book. I like that Snow got his story told but I did not enjoy reading it.
All the characters were unlikable except the little girl who sang, not Lucy she was unlikable. I just looked up the cast and would watch the movie only to see how Dr. Gaul was portrayed. Maybe I wanted to like it too much?

2 Likes