Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

4 Likes

Just started the ‘Lamb: The gospel according to Biff’ by Christopher Moore, really amusing so far.

7 Likes

This looks very interesting. I tried to look this up online but couldn’t tell which is the first book in the series? If you could let me know that would be awesome!! Or what is the first book in the series called ?

Are you talking about The Dog Stars by Peter Heller ? It’s a stand alone book, not a serie! I loved it, very powerful.

1 Like

Yes I was talking about the dog stars. I don’t know why I thought it was a series. Thanks so much. Going to order this right now

3 Likes

Heard the author on the JRE podcast, and have watched a few of his lectures on YouTube. Am about 3/4 of the way through this fascinating book.

4 Likes

I think I need this one!!

1 Like

Just started my 12th grad school class out of 13, close to my degree this summer! :pray: Thus, I am reading my textbook on Building Construction this week :joy: thought everyone would get a good laugh cause no one wants to read that stuff but a nerd like me. Have a great week everyone!

2 Likes

I started Tge Dog Stars at the beginning of lockdowns but had to stop. Wrong time I guess. I should try again

1 Like

My current reads. I think I’m feeling dark and spooky.

4 Likes

I love it! I re-read it every now and then and still laugh :grin: It’s hillarious.

In German the title is “Die Bibel nach Biff”

1 Like

:grin::grin::grin: I agree. This would not be my first choice :rofl: Great you are nearly finished with your studies :+1:

1 Like

I loved my fair junkie

1 Like

I read 3 books on vacation, 2 worth mentioning. Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult and Sea of Tranquility by Emily St John Mandel. Mandel is a favourite Canadian author, Station 11 is one of my top 5 of all time. I’m a big fan of post apocalyptic fiction (that feels less and less fiction all the time!).

2 Likes

I’m a huge Stephen King fan. This is getting pretty good.

7 Likes

I started this today on my day off and I’m almost halfway done already.

6 Likes

Oo, looks interesting!

1 Like

10 Likes

Oh I loved this book and took so much from it.

@trustybird, I just read a positive review on that one!

4 Likes

I’ve read this book Paul, and thought it was fab! I’m going to read it again!
Do you like it?

1 Like