Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

OOH - let me know what you think when you finish.

Just finished The Light That Failed by Rudyard Kipling, currently reading The Human Stain by Philip Roth

2 Likes

Rereading Ready Player One Lots of texts and Journal articles too.

5 Likes

Great book :slight_smile:

Amazing book. I see is also on Netflix now as a series. Will finish reading it first, but it’s beautiful :heart:

5 Likes

Loved that book! Will be interesting how the movie goes.

One of my all time favorite reads.

I can’t watch the Netflix version because that book is so perfect in my mind. Enjoy!

1 Like

Kinda feel the same. It’s a beauty.

1 Like

Ooof. I’m sure Netflix will handle it well but I just can’t chance that.

Edited: the sound of ooof is me touching my heart and shaking my head back and forth with a smile on my face. Partial swoon?

1 Like

I am in awe! She is now one of my heroes. I highly recommend this book.

1 Like

Shonda Rhimes’s Year of Yes is the audiobook I’m listening to at work. So many thumbs up. Motivation for a badass new year. Highly recommended. :muscle:t3::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

OMG so excited to read this. Thank you for the recommendation. I do love her to begin with – looking forward to reading.

1 Like

Just a heads up that it’s sad. Also, there is a lot of cussing in it. I highly recommend the audiobook because viola Davis reads her own memoir. She received a Grammy for her performance reading it.

2 Likes

WHOA - that is lovely - i will most definitely get the audio book - thanks for the heads up. I do follow her and love her raw truth and bluntness. :heart:

She is amazing and so happy to hear you’ll give it a listen!

1 Like

Too much into most situations…

1 Like

Ha! I was going to ask if you were okay or if this was a cry for help but I will just say that this is also one of my very frequent re-reads. :wink::sunglasses: Constant almost.

1 Like

I’m good (ish), it was just the first thing that entered my brain :face_with_spiral_eyes:… Nice of you to care though :smirk:

1 Like

I am boggled with how long it took my brain to understand this very funny thing you wrote. Goodish here too.

1 Like