Any foods helped in your journey?

So i know trading one addiction for onother is not great but food regardless is essential and mayb weve had a favorite meal ? Take out ? Sweets ? That has helped out alot through sobriety question is What was your favorite meal or takeout ? Or is your favorite meal or takeout ? During sobreity …

Mine is TACOS not (taco bell) Actual Mexican Tacos from food trucks we have outside in my neighborhood there called tacos de lengua tacos de barbacoa or carnitas . Whats yours ?

6 Likes

I’ve been eating ice cream more, which I never used to do. I get the “healthy” ice cream lol. it has a lot less calories/fat and about 20 grams of protein per container.

I don’t eat a ton of it but it still gives something to look forward that isn’t terrible for me instead of looking forward to drinking.

2 Likes

Ice cream is good :drooling_face: its good you still count grams of protein definitly better then drinking !

1 Like

Chocolate :chocolate_bar:

4 Likes

Definitly brother ! Chocolate over our DOC :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

And sweets :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I swapped over to drinking seltzer water. I especially like the bubbly brand, no added sugars and a nice subtle flavor.

3 Likes

O my god :rofl: these to me are nostalgic i ate these alot when i was a kid

1 Like

:joy: me too! They helped me a lot especially in the beginning of my sobriety.

1 Like

Dark dark chocolate
Strong cheese
Seltzer water
Green olives.

5 Likes

I can do milk chocolate but not a huge fan of the dark chocolate something about the bitter taste gets me :rofl:

I was a wine drinker, mostly. So I think that I had a serious sweets withdrawal along with the alcohol. Thanks to the advice on this forum, I went with it with no guilt. I was a sugar, candy, cake, you name it sugar finatic. I was also ending a keto diet. It was insane. But as time passed I ate less and less of it. Now, I really just love cheese :joy:

5 Likes

These are my 8 year olds favorite

2 Likes

I think most people know on here…but my bestie started bribing me with tacos. Every 10 days…TACOS!

I also consume an obscene amount of cheesecake.

4 Likes

I used to eat a bowl of ice cream every night I didn’t drink for the first couple months.
Probably not the healthiest but it was the best way to treat myself.

6 Likes

I definitely traded my addiction for food I went from 140lds to 215lds in the three months in rehad.

1 Like

Oooo great thread @Truckinmonster21! :thinking:
Ice cream
Chocolate
Cookies
Liquorice
And pasta… love love love lasagne :drooling_face:
And my drink of choice is Diet Pepsi with loads of ice.

3 Likes

Lasagna :drooling_face: garfield ?:sweat_smile:
Could never do diet pepsi i take risks and go all out with regular pepsi :wink:

Definitly feel that i also gained 70 lbs iam so ready to loose this and become a new me fit me i cantwait :partying_face::partying_face: