Any green thumbs?

Also, welcome to the forum! I see this is your first post. Hope to see you around :+1:t3:

1 Like

These 2 are a snake plant and a teeny baby string of pearls… I can’t remember all the technical names…

Then there’s these…

And last but not least, my peace lily and the only one I’ve named so far… Persephone :blush:

4 Likes

Very cool! If you have pictures of that, send them along! I think your planting project is going to grow up nicely. You’ve got a nice sunny day there it looks like.

1 Like

There’s a lot of snow where I am too (Ohio) I started a bunch of vegetable seeds indoors- perhaps too soon- it’s kind of a crap shoot here…
I may have to replant because sadly they didn’t get outside fast enough… :expressionless: bummer

1 Like

I’m in love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you have some really unique plants. When I buy a house (maybe later this year!) I am going to fill it with plants. I have zero space for more :sob: I think that curly leafed one is also a type of hoya - I’ve been wanting one for a long time. And the string of pearls :heart_eyes: so cute! My hoyas usually bloom this time of year but I think because I transplanted them and the like to be root bound I’m out of luck this year.

1 Like

Here’s what the blooms look like:

4 Likes

I had a giant snake plant in Arizona that I sadly had to leave behind. My car was almost completely filled with plants and my dogs when we moved LOL! I love those though. Yours looks sturdy and healthy. They practically take care of themselves.

It’s true, I have to fight the urge to water them! Wow, those blooms are so pretty. The curly tentacle like one I have never bloomed… it is a very slow growing plant that I’ve had for years now… I used to have it hanging and it got a little upset since transplanting, but seems ok…
Dogs and plants. I feel ya girl :white_heart:
And speaking of dogs, Persephone is a little beat up around the edges because Jasper (my GSD) likes to walk underneath the leaves like he’s in a jungle or something :rofl:

1 Like

Oh my god, my Chucho used to do just that under the schefflera, too! He’d kind of wiggle his butt and walk back and forth under it. I was constantly picking up dropped leaves. Sheesh!

Hahahaha damn dogs!

1 Like

This made me laugh!!! :rofl:

3 Likes

i was just in portland over the weekend and went on a nature walk. the greenery was beyond!

5 Likes

:rofl: I love it!!

3 Likes

The house we bought last year has this rose bush and I thought it was dead. It is not lol and it looks pretty and smells glorious. Wondering if I should cut the dead looking part or just let it keep taking care of itself

2 Likes

Removing the dead now would merely be aesthetic, but please yourself. Late winter, definitely remove all the deadwood and probably prune hard. You can’t kill a rose with pruning so don’t be shy. Hope this heips

2 Likes